Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1/2" Impact Wrench...

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
    Woohoo, I got a thanks from Rick, I feel special now! . I have accomplished what I set out to do, my life is complete, I have a tool Rick doesn't have, and never will!

It's forsale if you want it Rick.... You know you do!
    i have plenty of cordless impacts. even a right angle cordless impact driver by ridgid.

don't feel too special, i've thanked 536 post in the few months since it's been started.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      i have plenty of cordless impacts. even a right angle cordless impact driver byRidgid.

I bought the last one my HD had before it disappeared, that thing works surprisingly well for close quarters. It works even better with 14.4 batteries.. It's somewhat awkward for normal use, but doable with practice.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i have plenty of cordless impacts. even a right angle cordless impact driver by ridgid.

don't feel too special, i've thanked 536 post in the few months since it's been started.

rick.
        Yeah, but you don't have this one Rick! I have a couple of those right angle impact drivers as well. They got retired from everyday use when I got the jobmax as its a lot more comfortable to use.

Comment

Anyone try converting other impact wrenches? The milwaukees that are smaller look like they would fit into the x3 wrench so perfectly. Just swap the motor into the ridgid shell, no need for epoxy. Just a challenge for you gearheads

Comment

besides the battery factor , WHY? look at the headache TTI could save there customers, if they just made a universal tools with a insert to accept different batteries, even non TTI company batteries, that way if I found a Ridgid tool I liked I could use my Dewalt batteries in it,
            Last edited by BHD; 01-30-2012, 08:24 PM.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by Highlife View Post
              Anyone try converting other impact wrenches? The milwaukees that are smaller look like they would fit into the x3 wrench so perfectly. Just swap the motor into the ridgid shell, no need for epoxy. Just a challenge for you gearheads
              if your going for the smaller Impact, then you might as well do this https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t28943/

I am sure you could do this modification to the new x4 impact.... hmmm, I have one under my desk... nah, I don't need another one.

Comment

off the subject, alpha you should make adapter for ridgid bat to work in milwaukee jacket, you know they wont make us a RIDGID jacket!!

Comment

Don't give him any ideas until my battery contacts arrive!! A ryobi and dewalt battery adapters are in my future!

Comment

The mad scientist is in the lab, he is shaking his head going WOW! Really? OMG, WTF is wrong with this picture.

And then he realizes the FAIL he created by posting a link only he can see. I am reminded that smart phones are not too smart if the owner ain't smart enough to use it.

Try #2

Try #3 from the computer, this better work!

This thing is about as sophisticated as using a hammer to swat a fly away from your forehead, but good thing I have the Ryobi battery plug lanyard thingie that I will be finishing up tonight...
                    Last edited by masterbeavis; 02-04-2012, 11:06 PM.

Comment

It's like magic! Look mom, no hands!

Now I just have to figure out how to get the wires ran thru the Ryobi housing, I think I might have put the cart before the horse...

Comment

I showed this to the Ridgid rep at HD today... he was dumb-founded. He thought it was so cool he had to take a picture of it and said he would show it to the higher-ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                          I showed this to the Ridgid rep at HD today... he was dumb-founded. He thought it was so cool he had to take a picture of it and said he would show it to the higher-ups.
                          Good choice of words! I'd like to walk one of those Ridgid reps down the tool aisle and point out all the cordless tools offered by every other company. Now Alphacowboy you need to make a grinder and all the other tools Ridgid does not offer so he can pass them along as well. Hey, maybe you can just draw pictures for them? Frank

Comment

Frank, the grinder is already on my list, I'm trying to decide what tools to canablize to accomplish this...

Comment

I just use the Milwaukee hi torque impact. Ridgid would be smart to produce their own though. Not smart to limit your customer's options.

Comment

Originally posted by JK949 View Post
                                I just use the Milwaukee hi torque impact. Ridgid would be smart to produce their own though. Not smart to limit your customer's options.
                                I wonder how many customers Ridgid lost to other manufacturers after the customers purchased Ridgid cordless kits? Certainly there is some percentage of Ridgid cordless owners who decided they could use a cordless grinder, heavy duty impact or other tool only to be forced to purchase another brand? I'm sure Milwaukee, DeWalt and the others must be very pleased Ridgid has not expanded it's tool line and offered competition. I agree that it's not smart to limit your customer's options because they become someone else's customer.

Comment

Working...
                                X