New Ridgid Drill

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Drill

I bought a new 18v drill today, and notice that the warrenty says it has a life-time warrenty on even the battery, is this true, doesn't seem possible, and i wonder what the catch is... as batteries will wear out in time...cannot believe they just send you a free one.. Rick

Re: New Ridgid Drill

Not needing to do it as of yet, but from what I remember reading, the exchange is not quite that easy.

But, it is true about the LSA. Will cover drill, battery, and charger.

BUT

Make sure you follow ALL instructions for applying for the LSA and keep copies of all your paper work and forms

Ron

Comment

Rick, here's how the Home Depot clerk explained it to me. Keep your original receipt. Register your drill immediately. When the first battery fails, immediately return it to Home Depot. Don't wait until both have died because HD will have to send the bad battery to the manufacturer, and it may take a few weeks. When a replacement battery arrives at HD, the store is supposed to call to let you know to come in and pick it up. Now, I haven't been through the process to guarantee the accuracy, but the clerk assured me there is a lifetime replacement policy for the batteries. Betty

Comment

Originally posted by rick31797 View Post
        i wonder what the catch is... as batteries will wear out in time...
        No catch to be found.....Ridgid power tools start with a 3-yr warranty and Ridgid power tools purchased in a "kit" with complete registration are eligible for the Limited Life-time Service Agreement. The Ridgid website can help locate an authorized service center for any warranty/LLSA

Comment

They do in fact send you a free battery, but you deal with your local service center It takes 6 weeks for me to get batteries. They last on average of 1 month(just once) but average is 1-2 years life span.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

[QUOTE=lreops;369843][B][SIZE=4][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
            Not needing to do it as of yet, but from what I remember reading, the exchange is not quite that easy.

But, it is true about the LSA. Will cover drill, battery, and charger.

[SIZE=5]BUT[SIZE=4]

Make sure you follow ALL instructions for applying for the LSA and keep copies of all your paper work and forms

Ron

all service centers are not equal, turn around time on mine is one day, and they pick up and deliver free! Not many do that but im lucky, no hassle at all!

Comment

Maybe maybe too good too be true, is true.... I also have a Ridgid planer and sander and can't say enough how well i like them..I do woodworking as a Hobby, so i like too have quality tools.I did have a couple other high quality drills, but once the battery goes it seems too be a deal breaker..

Like two new batteries for my Dewalt is 110.00 and i can buy a new Ridgid drill will 2 batteries and charger for 99.00..A great deal...
              I don;t use my drills much, maybe a couple times a week if that, so i expect to get a good long life out of the batteries.
              Thanks for all the information...Rick

Comment

Working...
              X