X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R4512 Rip Fence needed

I bought a used R4512 yesterday and it was missing the rip fence. I need to buy one but I am having trouble locating one that comes assembled. I know a lot of R4512 owners upgrade the fence and rails and i wouldnt mind buying a used one that would other wise be thrown away.

Re: Ridgid R4512 Rip Fence needed

Sit in a corner and collect dust yes, throw away, never. I wish I had one to sell you but I think you've come to the right place to find one. Have you thought of maybe upgrading yourself to say a Delta T2?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The T-2 is how I think Ill go if I cant find a used stock fence. Its a money issue right now and a new stock fence and the T-2 system are about the same price ($150). Rigid quoted me $250 for the stock fence. A new blade is
      a must as well from what I have read.

Comment

you'll be happy you went with the t-2. i have one on a very old c-man 10" contractor saw and like it a lot. it's beefier than the the stock ridgid fences and it doesn't have a 2 piece front rail like the fence rail systems on the 4512 and the old 4511.
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

whats the difficulty level in installing the T-2?

Comment

I got one I will get back to you tonight.

Comment

based on reviewing the terribly inadequte owners manual for the c-man 21833 (since i can't seem to find an OM for for the 4512), it looks like the rails slide on just like the older emerson electric built c-man and ridgid contractor TSs. if that's the case, try this thread:

Delta T2 Fence @ LumberJocks.com ~ woodworking community

the thread reviews how a limberjock installed a t-2 on a c-man contractor TS. since it looks like the c-man contractor TS and the 21833 mount their rails the same way, the instructions should also apply to the 4512.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Working...
              X