X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RD6800 w/ Yamaha MZ360 eng-Governor gear

Hello- I have seen prior posts that the governor gear in some of these engines are prone to failure of part 7CT-E1970-00 (thank you for the 10/4/2011 info Doctordeere). Does anyone know if the replacement parts ordered now are the same design as the failure prone part or have the replacement parts been modified to prevent this failure? If modified is there a different part number to use. Thanks from your newest member. Too bad for me I did not find this forum until after the enging failed!! Boo.

Re: RD6800 w/ Yamaha MZ360 eng-Governor gear

Originally posted by lbi14lbb View Post
    Does anyone know if the replacement parts ordered now are the same design as the failure prone part or have the replacement parts been modified to prevent this failure?
    I don't honestly know. The two dozen or so that I have repaired were repaired with a complete new engine provided, under warranty, by Yamaha. So I really haven't had the opportunity to see a new governor gear. Is your genny less than three years old? If so, do you still have a dated receipt? If yes and yes, you'll probably qualify for engine replacement.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately I do not have any original paperwork or receipt. I see that there is a different part number now superceding the old (7ct-e1970-10-00) and wonder if it is merely an sku change or if it denotes that there is a part design change. Do you have any contact info for Yamaha that you clould share and I can get a hold of them to find out?
      Last edited by lbi14lbb; 01-26-2012, 04:06 PM. Reason: correct new part number

Comment

Contact Dixie Sales, see if they can help you.

https://www.dixiesales.com/consumers.aspx
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
        X