Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Yamaha MZ360 OHV engine on the RD6800 Generator.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Yamaha MZ360 OHV engine on the RD6800 Generator.

It cranks fine but it smokes white and after a few seconds it starts shooting a stream of what appears to be a oil-fuel mix out of the breather hose. The breather hose runs from the head cover to the air cleaner. I took off the air cleaner cover and it shot the stream out about 2 feet. It doesn't die when it does this, I have to shut it down manually. I was just wondering if anyone out there can help. I have tried on other forums but they either don't know or want to charge me for advice. Thank you.

Re: Problem with Yamaha MZ360 OHV engine on the RD6800 Generator.

Check crankcase oil for fuel contamination. My guess is that you have a sticking inlet needle on the carb and it's allowing gasoline into the crankcase.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
      Check crankcase oil for fuel contamination. My guess is that you have a sticking inlet needle on the carb and it's allowing gasoline into the crankcase.
      Or not turning the gas of and purging the carb before transporting. I always turn gas off when not in use, it was drilled into me by a former boss years ago. If he caught you leaving the gas on, on one of his machines, you changed the oil on your time and your dime.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

My brother had the same problem with his Generac guardian generator. The issue was that he left the fuel valve open and the float in the carb stuck open, filling the crank case with gas. The only remedy to the problem is to drain the crank case of the oil and gas and refill with fresh oil. Run the engine for a while with the new oil, which will burn off the remaining fuel in the crank case, and you are done. To finish it, keep the engine running and shut off the fuel valve, which will let the carb run dry. Ultimately you may need to disassemble your carb and install new parts or clean the float.

Comment

Working...
        X