X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you identify this tool?

This guy is selling this machine in kijiji. He doesn't know what it is, but he indicates that it is not a router. Do you know what it is?

NOT A ROUTER,,,HAS BLADE IN IT ,,,,, - Kawartha Lakes Tools & Hardware For Sale - Kijiji Kawartha Lakes Canada.

Re: can you identify this tool?

Wood shaper

Comment

A handheld wood shaper? I didn't know such a thing existed.

Comment

It's a Cutawl tool. We have 2 of them at work. Kond of a fancy jig saw if you will. When you push it, the blade turns without turning the saw itself. We use it to cut out intricate shapes, silhouettes and letters. Here's a link Cutawl Machine & Accessories for Precision Cutting of Foam Board Products

Comment

Looks like that's about a $2300 tool. If you can get it for $25 and have a use for it then that could be the gloat of the year.
          Last edited by BadgerDave; 01-30-2012, 08:15 PM.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

BadgerDave to the front of the class!

My thoughts was that it was some kind of "cutter", but that was about the end of it... I even did a search for what I thought I could read of the nameplate, but I found nothing. Man, I don't know how you do it, but I am impressed with your experience, as always!

Nice Job!

CWS

Comment

I like that the seller has no idea what it is, but he knows it's heavy duty....

Comment

Comment

I think I'll contact this guy. Do you think blades are hard to get?

Comment

Working...
                  X