Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adapting Ridgid Die Head to Toledo 999 Machine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adapting Ridgid Die Head to Toledo 999 Machine?

Hi Folks, My first post here. I have a Toledo 999 pipe threader that I rebuilt. It's in great shape but my 3/4 and 1 inch dies are starting to get dull and I'm tearing threads. I really don't want to spend big bucks on another machine as I don't thread that much pipe to justify it. (I might cut 20 to 30 threads per week at the most). Toledo no longer stocks or sells the dies and anything on ebay has been garbage so far. So, with my ability to machine parts, braze, weld, etc etc.. I'm wondering if anyone has ever adapted a Ridgid die head from a newer style threader machine to an old Toledo 999. If so, how did you do it? Thank you for any advice..

Re: Adapting Ridgid Die Head to Toledo 999 Machine?

I see this thread too.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Re: Adapting Ridgid Die Head to Toledo 999 Machine?

If anyone is interested, I am in the final stages of converting my Toledo 999 machine to use Ridgid 811A (or similar) die heads. The conversion still allows the use of the original Toledo die heads, reamer, cutter, etc etc. The carriage remains the same.

Comment

Working...
      X