Questions for DIYer's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for DIYer's

Hi friends, I am currently a student at SIU Carbondale working on designing a handheld power tool. I need some feedback from power tool users and I was wondering if you gentlemen could help me.
    The questionnaire is a survey and should only take about 5-10 minutes..Thank you very much

New Survey

Re: Questions for DIYer's

personally I felt some of the questions were to broad, and will not leave you with much usable info,

like how many tools do you use on a project, (I would think that is project related) as I use few tools to change a light bulb, where I may use a pickup load to add on to the house, at times the number of tools one uses on a project is proportional to what the or she owns or has access to,
    when I build a cabinet I have a shop full of tools I use, when my DD builds a cabinet, she has a miter saw a hand wood plane and a hammer and screw drivers, and wood chisel, (and has the lumber yard do the ripping), but she would love to use Dads shop if the distance was not the factor,
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I have to add my similar comment to BHD's. Some projects are quite simple, like putting together knock-down furniture that you just bought, or hanging a curtain rod. Others may take weeks or months and employ any number of tools with repeat operations. Some might even select thier rough stock and plane and mold to the finished size and thickness. If you take six of us, you'd most likely find a half-dozen different levels of work and tools in use, and that doesn't even begin to mention the variation in particular projects and the levels of work that each of us might decide to do.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

thanks for your input, i realized something like that could happen that is why i added a general comments box at the buttom

Comment

thanks to all the people that have taken the survey so far. Still new more people to take it. Thank You

Comment

Working...
          X