Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Here it is, My Ridgid Battery adapter!

I do not have an answer for that question, but I carry more than 2 batteries, I carry 4+ 3.0 ah batteries and at least two chargers to avoid the annoying waiting on batteries to charge problem. I did witness an 18v dewalt battery hollowed out and wired with some 10 ga wires and alligator clips used on a car battery to power the tools. They ran slow at 12v, but had tons of power. At 24v (CUCV CHEVY) it was insane! Three 6v pb batteries wired in series would make a great but heavy last resort rechargeable backup power source.
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by ArizonaPlumber View Post
      When you guys get some time, I'd like an 18v adapter for a Ridgid, Dewalt or Milwaukee that will plug in a wall socket and allow me to keep cutting without having to dig out a hacksaw or waiting for a battery to charge. A converter of sorts that will run any and all of the above.

Thanks in advance.
      Normal people own 2+ batteries.

I guess you wont find normal people here though.

Comment

Did your team not make it to the game? You seem awful sour today.

That and my thread is getting crapped on little by little.

Comment

Originally posted by dlarrivee View Post
          Normal people own 2+ batteries.

I guess you wont find normal people here though.
          For one, if you don't have constructive input to this discussion, bug off. I'm not usually the type to be this way, but give it a rest, your condescending attitude is not welcome and is of no use here. Not sure who took a leak in your cheerios this morning but man... Cool off. And quit cluttering up this thread with your negativeness.

On the topic of a cord, and even universal batteries, why not a battery belt? Uses a slide on battery such as the Ridgid battery on a belt. The belt has a universal plug on the belt end and different attachable brand adaptors on the other. Plug it right into the tool. Tool weight is reduced including user fatigue, and the battery is out of the way making the tool fit in smaller places. The cord would be short and probably a coil flex type. What do you think of that? Then you just buy the adaptor for the brand tools you have.

Comment

You build it, I'll buy it.

Comment

This thread reminds me of those times in high school where we used to stand around in a circle and joke around. Then the class a-whole would walk up and try to talk a bunch of negative emo BS, and try to sharpshoot everything we said... From OUTSIDE of the circle. I think he was French. But anyway, we just ignored him and he went away. One year, he got beat up pretty bad by a fat girl named Jolene. We just stood around until a teacher saved him. But I digress... Shhhh.. is that weird dude still standing there? ;-)

@MB, Great work.

@Alpha, About the belt pack, I just saw this on a tool blog. It is exactly what you are talking about:

Ultimate Battery Power

On their video they have a Ridgid adapter for the battery belt that they used on the finish nailer, but I could not find it for sale online. I ordered a Ryobi set for my blower, weed wacker and spotlight. I hope they build a Bosch adapter soon. I'll let you guys know when it comes in.

Comment

Originally posted by erngum View Post
                @Alpha, About the belt pack, I just saw this on a tool blog. It is exactly what you are talking about:

Ultimate Battery Power

On their video they have a Ridgid adapter for the battery belt that they used on the finish nailer, but I could not find it for sale online. I ordered a Ryobi set for my blower, weed wacker and spotlight. I hope they build a Bosch adapter soon. I'll let you guys know when it comes in.
                Son of a b..... I knew I should have done that years ago... I thought of that idea 7-8 years ago, but never did anything with it...

Comment

That tool belt power source is interesting, but if I get caught not wearing my tool belt, Lord help all of us when the boss comes around. Even he wears his bags, and all he carries is a tape measure, keel and spray paint.

My other problem is that the batteries are NICD, charging that pack without running it dead first will shorten its life. A LED battery gauge on that too would be nice too. If you are consiencious about memory, and work the battery appropriately, what happens if you gave up carrying your normal batteries and your belt is down for the next 6 hours charging. They say it gives you 3 times the power, that means its going to take 3 times longer to charge.

Comment

dlarrivee: >>>>Normal people own 2+ batteries.<<

I think I understand that if a forum member owns 2 lithium batteries, he would be considered normal. It would naturally follow that a member who owns 1 battery would be sub-normal. So for purposes of clarification, I have a couple of questions.

1) If a member such as myself owns 4 lithium batteries, could he be considered "super-normal"? I hope so because that's just the kind of thing that would look great on my resume.

2) If a member owns no lithium batteries, but he owns 8 or more ni-cads, could he achieve normalcy through a special dispensation?

I'm really sorry for these rookie questions, but I'm just a junior forum member.

Thanks in advance,
                    Dan
                    Last edited by AtlantaDan; 02-06-2012, 01:48 PM.

Comment

I am a battery king! (or a hoarder??)

Comment

You are completely normal... The extra batteries are in the drawer underneath.

Last edited by erngum; 02-09-2012, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                          For one, if you don't have constructive input to this discussion, bug off. I'm not usually the type to be this way, but give it a rest, your condescending attitude is not welcome and is of no use here. Not sure who took a leak in your cheerios this morning but man... Cool off. And quit cluttering up this thread with your negativeness.

On the topic of a cord, and even universal batteries, why not a battery belt? Uses a slide on battery such as the Ridgid battery on a belt. The belt has a universal plug on the belt end and different attachable brand adaptors on the other. Plug it right into the tool. Tool weight is reduced including user fatigue, and the battery is out of the way making the tool fit in smaller places. The cord would be short and probably a coil flex type. What do you think of that? Then you just buy the adaptor for the brand tools you have.
                          Make it so you can plug in two batteries in parallel, then you'll have something that will last a long time.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Hi there. I just stumbled onto this thread. I joined this forum hoping I'd find out when the 18V job max console would come out. .. I digress. I thought of this adapter and google brought me here.

I dont see a picture of the adapter in the thread. Was it removed? Could your post another pic of it, if it was?

I see only a picture of a Rigid pack with epoxy near the release buttons, wired to the LED lamp.

Looks like Ridgid at least came out with an angle grinder.. The Ryobi one looks good enough for small uses; as does the Ryobi brad nailer. I own the Ridgid cordless finish nailer. I think $250 for the Ridgid brad nailer is a little steep. So, loving the Ridgid lithiums, and lower cost of Ryobis.. why not. I'm going to conjour up one myself. I would like to see how you made out though.

I once wired up a 7.2V Skill cordless drill with banana jacks, and hooked it up to a power supply, and RC car NiCad packs. I was quite ahead of my time it seems.. lol All because I wanted a 15 charge, not overnight. I think I was 12 years old (40 now).

Comment

Totally unrelated, GO BILLS/SABRES!!!!

job max console not available in Buffalo? order online Depot.
                              Last edited by pesciwasp; 05-26-2013, 07:16 AM.

Comment

how can I get the pictures of your adapter?

Comment

Working...
                                X