Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 18V Ryobi Miter saw is on clearance, $29!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The 18V Ryobi Miter saw is on clearance, $29!

They were clearing out what they referred to as 'slow movers'. A couple orange aprons were going through stuff and marking them down. I spied the x4 5 pc set and asked how much. He said 375 so i said sold. He walked up to the register with me tell them to mark it down to 375 plus tax. All pieces are new, got two new batteries, saw, recip saw, drill, impact driver, and led light plus the bag and charger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec8cpGO6jHI
    Last edited by Bob D.; 02-12-2012, 06:11 AM.
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I got the last Ryobi miter saw in my area. I went to Home Depot in Athens yesterday and they said there was a store about 40 miles away (in an expensive neighborhood) that had two left. I went there today and bought the display model for $29.03. But wait, I luckily had a 10% Lowe's coupon with me so after buying that and some batteries and a charger, I walked out for $86.00. This is the first time I have owned any Ryobi cordless tools, I hope that it works out o.k. I will let you guys know as I use it.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
        They were clearing out what they referred to as 'slow movers'. A couple orange aprons were going through stuff and marking them down. I spied the x4 5 pc set and asked how much. He said 375 so i said sold. He walked up to the register with me tell them to mark it down to 375 plus tax. All pieces are new, got two new batteries, saw, recip saw, drill, impact driver, and led light plus the bag and charger.
        Did you get your coupon for a free battery?
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
          Did you get your coupon for a free battery?
          No, I did not know anything about a free battery, and no one there said anything to me about it.Guess I will be making another trip there today. Where are the coupons, out on the display? When I grabbed my set it was in a pile on the floor with other tools they were in the process of marking down, so I never got near the display in the aisle.
          Last edited by Bob D.; 02-12-2012, 06:22 AM.
          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."

Comment

I know at my store there is a book of coupons discretely sitting right in front of the display. When I bought my $50 x3 kit last month I tried that coupon but because he was giving me a deal on something that did not exist in the system anymore, it was sold with a generic clearance SKU. I'll go by there today and grab that coupon, I think they expire the 16th.

Comment

I was just there. The coupon is as you said posted right in front of the display. But, since I did not pick my set up off the shelf so to speak but from a pile of stuff that they were in the process of marking down, I did not see nor did I know of the free battery offer yesterday when I bought my set. I found the book of coupons there today and I believe it is for sets purchased up to the end of the month (Feb. 29th). I grabbed a coupon and happened to run into the associate who I got the set from yesterday. I asked him about the battery offer and he says; "I don't see why not" and then goes to ask one of the other associates. This guy says no, I don't get the free battery because I bought a used set. I said no I didn't, I bought a new set that was marked down because as your people yesterday put it it was a 'slow mover' and they wanted to clear it out. I told him I had asked yesterday if it was a returned set or display set and they told me no, the guy whom I dealt with yesterday is standing right there when I say this and he confirms what I have said. The guy still doesn't budge. I say there is nothing on this coupon that says not applicable to discounted or reduced price items and he says there is nothing that said it does. I said the offer does not say I don't get the free battery because you decide this item is not moving and mark it down. He says they marked it down because it had not sold since Christmas and they wanted to clear it our. "So how does that remove the free battery offer I ask" but he jumps into this economics spiel again and I shut him down. I can see I will get no where with this butt head as he starts to give me an economics lesson on why he can't give me the free battery, mouthing off about stockholders and profits and other cr@p. I tell him spare me the economics dribble I own stock in HD and its all BS what you are saying anyway. So after a few more minutes of back and forth I am starting to get annoyed and I decide I better leave before my BP gets any higher which I don't need for a couple of reasons which I won't go into here. I leave and am thinking about going back to talk to the store manager but is it worth it for one battery which if I understand correctly will NOT be covered under the LLSA because it was not part of the set. Is that correct that only batteries that are included in the sets are covered for free replacements? Even w/o the free battery I got a good deal I think. For me to make another trip there is another 2 gallons of fuel and an hour and a half of my time. I don't go by there every day so I'm not likely to be over that way again until next weekend. Any more time wasted on this and the "free" battery begins to cost me money. My time is worth more than that but I will make a point of talking to the Manager next time I am there. Not that it will do any good but I will get my compliant lodged concerning this bone head and his attitude. And I did keep a couple of the coupons just in case.

Comment

What you do when you are there again is go to the customer service counter and say you bought the x4 set with cash a while back and lost your reciept and you want to register for the LSA. Bring the kit with you, have them return it and re-sell it to you giving you a new dated reciept at full price. Then use that coupon when you re-buy it to get your free $100 battery. That "may" work, but it certainly gets you a new reciept if you have a stale one.

I bet money if you were to call the store and speak with the manager, or get the number to his boss, they would give you the battery and a gift card for your time.

Comment

... thinking about going back to talk to the store manager but is it worth it for one battery...
                  Yes. It's absolutely worth it. Never let a self-righteous assmonkey have his way with you. You bought a new tool set, they have a coupon that entitles you to a freebie. Mr. High & Mighty cannot, at his whim, alter the terms. End of story.

Personally, I'd have been on the phone to HD Corporate right then and there with the little dipsquat standing right in front of me.
                  "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Got back over there this evening after work. The place is 17 miles out of my way so i don't get by there often. Anyway, i got no satisfaction from the manager and not having heard anything from Ridgid to my email last week about problems trying to register the set i decided that even at 375 this set is not worth it. Without the lsa or the extra battery its not a good deal. I couldn't register the set because i didn't have the product code off the box because there was no box. I returned the set and got all my money back. I dont really need another set but at that price it would have been worth it.

Comment

If anyone is looking for the miter saw, the HD on S Pickett st in Alexandria had one as of Thursday. I was going to buy it but I don't have a battery or charger.

Comment

Originally posted by museum_guy View Post
                        If anyone is looking for the miter saw, the HD on S Pickett st in Alexandria had one as of Thursday. I was going to buy it but I don't have a battery or charger.
                        Whoo Hoo! that's my closest Home Depot!

I don't need it or want it but now gotta have it!

Comment

I returned the set and got all my money back. I dont really need another set but at that price it would have been worth it.
                          Ya should have returned it without a reciept and say you paid cash. They might/would have refunded you the full purchase price onto a gift card!

Comment

Originally posted by museum_guy View Post
                            Got there early Sat and none found.
                            There was a Ryobi box about the right size turned backwards on the top shelf obviously being hidden from eyes. Tool manager said he didn't know what was in it but refused to get the ladder and find out. Fat lazy fecker!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                              Got there early Sat and none found.
                              There was a Ryobi box about the right size turned backwards on the top shelf obviously being hidden from eyes. Tool manager said he didn't know what was in it but refused to get the ladder and find out. Fat lazy fecker!
                              Sounds like they had it stashed for someone in particular, maybe himself.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                                Ya should have returned it without a reciept and say you paid cash. They might/would have refunded you the full purchase price onto a gift card!
                                Whats the difference. I got my money back. Gift card or credited to my CC makes no difference to me. With a gift card I would still have to pay off the CC which is not a problem just one more thing to track.

Comment

Working...
                                X