Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

The 18V Ryobi Miter saw is on clearance, $29!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 18V Ryobi Miter saw is on clearance, $29!

Now is the time to get it. It was normally $119, reduced to $89, then recently it dropped to $29! The SKU on that guy is 994-678. I suggest calling ahead and asking if it's in stock, and if not who does. Just don't go to my store and buy it before I get there! I built the adapter to use my Ridgid batteries, this will be a cool toy!
    We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Re: The 18V Ryobi Miter saw is on clearance, $29!

I picked mine up yesterday. Had to drive past 6 Home Depots (20 minutes) just to get to a store that was showing any in stock. Wednesday night it was showing 10 in stock. Thursday morning it showed 5. by the time I made it to the store there was 2 left.

Comment

Bummer.
      None in stock within a bajillion miles of me.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

I found out about this a day too late.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Well, I spoke to customer service at home depot and they drew a blank. I did a fifty mile search from my zip code in CT, one in Long Island, NY, Upstate NY and just for laughs zip 90210. Can't find it. Day late and a dollar short. Cheers to whoever got one at such a low price.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Well, I spoke to customer service at home depot and they drew a blank. I did a fifty mile search from my zip code in CT, one in Long Island, NY, Upstate NY and just for laughs zip 90210. Can't find it. Day late and a dollar short. Cheers to whoever got one at such a low price.
            I could swear literally 2 or 3 days ago the Orange CT store had 3 of them stacked right on the end of the cordless tool aisle. They were marked 39.00 and I passed at that price, now Im kicking myself (checked today and sure enough none left)

Oh well. Running out of room to put all this stuff anyway

Comment

Originally posted by chrisexv6 View Post
              I could swear literally 2 or 3 days ago the Orange CT store had 3 of them stacked right on the end of the cordless tool aisle. They were marked 39.00 and I passed at that price, now Im kicking myself (checked today and sure enough none left)

Oh well. Running out of room to put all this stuff anyway
              I'm trying to make room, and have more tools than I need. I just thought at such a low price it would be a nice tool to have, but I'm not using my 12" DeWalt, or 8 1/4" craftsman mitre saws much. I shake my head watching them hoarding shows, but when my wife was helping me clean our crawl space and questioned if I needed all those machines and tools I got very defensive.

Comment

I wouldn't buy one anyways but how did you guys do a search for the HD's near you to find out if they did or didn't have any in stock? I couldn't get that SKU to come up at all on the HD site. Even when I did a product search for a Ryobi 18V Miter Saw, nothing battery powered came up, only the plug in ones showed.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I will be going to my local HD tomorrow. I will look and see if they have any. If anyone wants one let me know. You pay shipping and remember we have 7% sales tax here in Jersey but I will pick one up for you if you are really hell bent on having one.

I was searching the HD site and came across this battery powered miter saw from Makita

Makita LXSL01Z 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion

7-1/2 in. Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw

Model # LXSL01Z

Can you guess how much????

$549.00

and it only takes a single 18V battery.
                  Last edited by Bob D.; 02-10-2012, 06:23 PM.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Model P551, sku#994678

Comment

If you guys are near the Bridgeport, CT Home Depot. Check in the green house. That's where the clearence stuff is. I found mine there YESTERDAY. There was one that had an open box. All the parts were in it. They also had a disply in the tool area but the clamp was missing.

Comment

Hearing nothing I will not pick one up but I will reply to
                        this thread IF there are any to be had at my HD today.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

they were sold out . however I did pick up a new Rigid X4
                          18v 5 piece set for $375.00 which I thought was a good deal.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Thanks for the effort and enjoy the new tools. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              they were sold out . however I did pick up a new Rigid X4
                              18v 5 piece set for $375.00 which I thought was a good deal.
                              how did you manage that?

Comment

Working...
                              X