Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID 12V Impact Driver - R82238N

Got two questions...
    1. Will the batteries from the Jobmax tool (R82235) and FUEGO 12V Lithium-Ion 2-Speed Drive/Driver with LED Light kit (R92009) work with the RIDGID 12V Impact Driver (R82238N)?
    2. Is there any word on a update to this tool? I ask becasue it looks like there was an update to the drill at one point. R92008 >R92009

Re: RIDGID 12V Impact Driver - R82238N

jg

First of all, Welcome to the forum.

Yes the 12 volt stick battery will work with the impact driver. At one point, there was a kit that sold the drill and the driver together. I have this kit and I love it. I keep behind the seat of my truck next to my bag of hand tools and that is my first choice when it comes to light drilling/driving. I believe there was an update in the beginning that added the LED light on the front. Mine has it and it comes in handy when under a cabinet or in a dark place. If you get these tools, I think that you will be satisfied.

Let me know if you get them and how you like it.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

I just picked up the R92009 to go with my Jobmax tool and so far am very impressed.

I wonder if the kit you picked up had the R92008 & R82238N coupled together rather than the newer R92009. Most noteably the R92009 had a textured grip and slightly improved specs. This is why I suspected there may be a update to the Impact Driver at some point.

Regardless I was more conserned about the battery compatibility.

R82238NAttachment

R92008Attachment

R92009Attachment
      Attached Files

Comment

Do you know if the kit you have has the R92008 or the R92009. See below. The R82235 shares the same deign as the R92008. The R92008 and R92009 seem to use diffrent 12 volt batteries. I have the R92009 and love it so far but would love to have a impact driver to match.

It looks to me like there should be an update at some point to the R82235 similar to the update from the R92008 to the R92009.

R82235Attachment
        R92008Attachment Attachment 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery Pack
        R92009Attachment Attachment 12V Hyper Lithium Battery Pack
        Attached Files

Comment

all 12 volt stick batts fit same tools, just better bat design

Comment

It looks like I have the r82007 drill. There was a redesign after I got mine. I think the update has more torque than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Kev Dog View Post
              It looks like I have the r82007 drill. There was a redesign after I got mine. I think the update has more torque than mine.
              Is the R82007 a single speed or dual speed drill? I don't recall. The 008/009 are both 2 speed drills. The 009 is my favorite compact drill that I have so far. The newer hyperlithium batteries run circles around the original junk 12v units. I wish there was an exchange program for upgrading to the newer hyper units.

I have thought about getting the compact impact, but was hoping for a redesign to match the 009 unit with the hexgrip over mould.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                Is the R82007 a single speed or dual speed drill? I don't recall. The 008/009 are both 2 speed drills. The 009 is my favorite compact drill that I have so far. The newer hyperlithium batteries run circles around the original junk 12v units. I wish there was an exchange program for upgrading to the newer hyper units.

I have thought about getting the compact impact, but was hoping for a redesign to match the 009 unit with the hexgrip over mould.

They are on their third model now for the drill, the first was a single speed. When i got my original 12 volts replaced under the lsa they gave me hyper lith as the new ones. So happy!

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                  They are on their third model now for the drill, the first was a single speed. When i got my original 12 volts replaced under the lsa they gave me hyper lith as the new ones. So happy!
                  Really.... Damn it, I'll admit I didn't register them... Oh well. Makes me mad they don't offer an exchange program, as I'd be willing to pay a discounted rate to upgrade with exchange.

Comment

Btw, has anyone tore into the hyper units to see what cells they use?

Comment

That is what I am wondering... Compared to the R92009 the current impact driver seems due for an update.

Comment

Btw, has anyone tore into the hyper units to see what cells they use?
                        guy on dewalt site did with milwaukee and RIDGID 12 volt, they are same Samsung INR18650-15M SDI 121 cells.

Comment

Working...
                        X