X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    King Dork

• King Dork
    replied
    My coworker was using my 4516 today. Made a cut with it, came back to make another cut and it wouldn't turn on. Non contact voltage detector showed power going into the switch, and no power going out of the switch. Had an electrician on my job. He checked the switch and determined it was bad. No biggie. Saw is not abused. These things may never go bad, or can go bad at any time. Luck of the draw. Switch assembly part number is 089037006704 and about $24.

Leave a comment:

• Bob D.

• Bob D.
    replied
    Wire it the same as the old switch. Take a couple photos, look at thewiring diagram in the manual if its there, or sketch up your own wiring diagram before disturbing the old switch. Change out one wire at a time, shouldn't be too hard.

Leave a comment:

• mrbreezeet1

• mrbreezeet1
    replied
    Might be best to start a new thread.

Leave a comment:

• Danny D

• Danny D
    replied
    Does anyone know how to wire up a new power switch assembly on a R4513 table saw?

Leave a comment:

• Bob D.

• Bob D.
    commented on 's reply
    Four years later you think the OP is going to respond?
    They have only made 3 posts on this site and they are
    all in this one thread, so I doubt they will be back.
  • Bob D.

• Bob D.
    commented on 's reply
    Link to manual no longer works as of 1/28/16
  • Bob D.

• Bob D.
    commented on 's reply
    There are two rules for tools that must be followed:

1. Know how to safely use and maintain your tools.
    2. NEVER loan out your tools, NEVER ! ! ! It's like handing your wallet to a stranger.
  • mrbreezeet1

• mrbreezeet1
    replied
    Originally posted by wendyth2 View Post
    Re: 10" Portable Table Saw R4516 Problem

Hi guys ... Sorry I haven't replied sooner ... I've been out of the country working.

Firstly ... Frankie thank you for posting the "Trouble Shooting" site. I've learnt a few things ... The videos are okay ... approximately a minute and a half so after every second video you get to watch another advertisement which is annoying.

Secondly ... I've read the owners manual ... It does refer to the circuit breaker and reset button but no where in the manual does it show you where it is on the R4516 saw .

Thirdly ... I bought the saw at Home Depot and have gone back to ask if anyone can show me the reset button ... Oddly enough ... The group of guys that gathered around looking for a reset button couldn't find it. I did get the name of a place here in Calgary, AB to take my saw in and have it looked at. "Power Tool Klinic"
    I phoned and explained the situation with my saw AND was told there is "no reset button" on the portable R4516 ... The woman on the phone said it sounds like a switch problem. There you go!

Thanks everyone for helping me ... I appreciate it. I'll let you guys know what the problem was when I find out!

Wendy

Toolaholic ... Where did you see that the R4516 table saw was recalled?
    Did you ever get it running?

Leave a comment:

• wendyth2

• wendyth2
    replied

Hi guys ... Sorry I haven't replied sooner ... I've been out of the country working.

Firstly ... Frankie thank you for posting the "Trouble Shooting" site. I've learnt a few things ... The videos are okay ... approximately a minute and a half so after every second video you get to watch another advertisement which is annoying.

Secondly ... I've read the owners manual ... It does refer to the circuit breaker and reset button but no where in the manual does it show you where it is on the R4516 saw .

Thirdly ... I bought the saw at Home Depot and have gone back to ask if anyone can show me the reset button ... Oddly enough ... The group of guys that gathered around looking for a reset button couldn't find it. I did get the name of a place here in Calgary, AB to take my saw in and have it looked at. "Power Tool Klinic"
    I phoned and explained the situation with my saw AND was told there is "no reset button" on the portable R4516 ... The woman on the phone said it sounds like a switch problem. There you go!

Thanks everyone for helping me ... I appreciate it. I'll let you guys know what the problem was when I find out!

Wendy

Toolaholic ... Where did you see that the R4516 table saw was recalled?

Leave a comment:

• toolaholic

• toolaholic
    replied

My 2 MK'S never let Me down .

Leave a comment:

• Pipestone Kid

• Pipestone Kid
    replied

This was in the link that frankie posted.[ATTACH=CONFIG]16406[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16406[/ATTACH]

Leave a comment:

• Alphacowboy

• Alphacowboy
    replied

No wonder it says "Sears" in the manual... its the EXACT same saw sold at Sears under the Craftsman branding... Craftsman Model# 21828 Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• FINER9998

• FINER9998
    replied

that little saw is looking less and less attractive with each posting.

Leave a comment:

• toolaholic

• toolaholic
    replied

Punched in the saw on google "RECALL NOTICE ON SAW, DO NOT USE WITH DADO BLADES ! "

Leave a comment:

• Frankiarmz

• Frankiarmz
    replied

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
    see above for what i was referring to. the OP was referring to a ridgid product, right?
    I know the reference to Sears sounds odd, but there's no telling with Ridgid. I know these saws are sold in home depot, and maybe sears? Taking it back to sears for repair didn't sound all that far fetched but you're right it is out of place. What about the location of the fuse and circuit breaker reset? I didn't see anything specific about that? I read a couple blog sites where owners said some of the switches had to be replaced every couple years. Hope the owner gets her saw working soon. Frank

Leave a comment:

Working...
X