My Recent purchases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Recent purchases

It all started about 3 weeks ago. I always am on the lookout for a bargain. I stop by HD and find a 12" 60T saw blade. Yellow sticker on the shelf says $45.75. Yellow sticker on the blade says $37.45. I do a price check and this is what I pay.

Last week, I go to a different HD and find 2 blades. Another price check and this is what I get.

Yesterday, another HD and this is what I find.

Another price check and this is what I pay.

How was your day?

Re: My Recent purchases

wow good for you!

Comment

Lol, if it's .01 cent they have to sell at the last price before it hit a penny. Score!
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

What type of scam are you employing here?

Comment

Scam? Those who are aware of how Home Depot works know that once something goes on clearance, the price gets cheaper and cheaper till eventually it gets down to one penny and either donated to charity or destroyed. If you are lucky you get the .01 penny deals before they are pulled from the shelves, or have an inside hookup, then yes you can get them one penny deals.

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
            Scam? Those who are aware of how Home Depot works know that once something goes on clearance, the price gets cheaper and cheaper till eventually it gets down to one penny and either donated to charity or destroyed. If you are lucky you get the .01 penny deals before they are pulled from the shelves, or have an inside hookup, then yes you can get them one penny deals.
            Exactly ! It's all over the internet about stationary tools for a penny, if you can find them. I got lucky on the saw blades, I was hoping for another $12 price but was ecstatic for a penny. I really didn't think that the band saw would go out the door for a penny but when the manager said it was the wrong price and the new sku number came up invalid, well, I just asked him why when the barcode and the sku that was on the box both said a penny, he couldn't sell it for a penny. He agreed and away I went. I was offered a lot of money by my coworkers but that's not why I bought it. My son is just starting out in woodworking and this way, he gets a decent tool to master his skills without me breaking my bank or making the other kids jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by museum_guy View Post
              I really didn't think that the band saw would go out the door for a penny but when the manager said it was the wrong price and the new sku number came up invalid, well, I just asked him why when the barcode and the sku that was on the box both said a penny, he couldn't sell it for a penny. He agreed and away I went......
              you are very lucky. while these types of deals weren't questioned much by cashiers/managers in the past in HDs here in the NYC tristate area, they have gotten much tougher about letting things go for $.01. congrats on an absolutely great deal.
              Last edited by FINER9998; 02-20-2012, 06:48 PM.
              there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Does this kind of thing ever happen in Canadian HD stores? Every time I see these posts on here I go into my local HD and too often find the item still listed at regular price (or sometimes even HIGHER). I am thinking I need to find someone on the inside to work with!

Comment

don't know about it happening in canada, but it's happening less and less around here. just today, when i found a couple of NIB 12" ryobi drill dresses for $62.06 hidden in a store overhead, there were also 2 16" ryobi scroll saws, clearanced down to $.01. the ASM and the store manager refused to sell the saws to me at any price, saying they had to be returned to the vendor for credit. the times, they are achanging at HD, at least around here. glad it didn't affet the OP.
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Ya, it's hard to get a deal on anything nowadays. Either it's getting returned for credit or donated to charity. Either way they don't loose money.

Comment

If deals are so hard to find, why do you have 100s of batteries?

Comment

Re-read my post, and look for the magic keyword, better yet, I will point it out to you.. The magic word is "nowdays" and is in context with the conversation regarding the deals going away. My collection was acquired during the good ol days before HD started returning EVERYTHING to the vendor instead of sitting on it. I assumed you would have known this and avoided asking the stupid question seeing is how you have taken a liking to trolling almost everything that I say here.

Take a happy pill already and PLEASE stop spewing your negativity. Why are you wasting your time and what are you trying to prove? Do you have anything useful to share, something worthwhile to add to the conversation (or even hearsay or gossip) I'd be surprised and downright shocked to see you raise the bar just a little bit and add some constructive criticizim, even if laced with some sarcasm. Please give it a rest already.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas S. View Post
                          Does this kind of thing ever happen in Canadian HD stores? Every time I see these posts on here I go into my local HD and too often find the item still listed at regular price (or sometimes even HIGHER). I am thinking I need to find someone on the inside to work with!

A lot of the items at Home Depot Canada are $30 more than US prices. Lowest price you’re going to find north of the border is $30 & one cent.

Comment

Working...
                          X