Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 3650 Table saw zero clearence insert issue

Good morning,

I have a rigid tables saw and got a zero clearance insert from Peachtree. I was trying to install it today and the blade won't go down low enough to allow the insert to be installed. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Re: Rigid 3650 Table saw zero clearence insert issue

Try using a 7 1/4 inch blade to make the initial cut. That is what I had to do on mine.

Comment

A circular saw blade will work just fine if you're going to run a thin kerf blade on your saw. If you are going to mount a full kerf blade on your saw, use one of the outside blades of your dado set, if you have one, to make the initial cut into the ZCI. One other method would be to determine on the ZCI where the blade will be and plow out a channel on the underside of the ZCI with a chisel being careful not to go all the way through the ZCI.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks. I will try that out this week!

Comment

or use double side tape to attach the ZCI to the OEM insert using a long wood scrap and 2 clamps to secure the inserts in the table opening after lowering the blade below the table surface. turn on the saw and raise the blade slowly through both inserts. detach the ZCI from the OEM and install it.
          there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Made my own a couple weeks ago and had to freehand the router to take 1/4" of material off to be able to insert it to make the initial cut. Im sure you could use a router on the underside as well if it is plastic instead of wood/ mdf.

Comment

Using the circular saw blade worked nicely for me... Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
              X