X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me ID this tool

Hello all, this tool is referred to as an air crimper in some videos but I am not having any luck on finding this tool online or in stores.

at 1:51

The tool is used to press together seams that are adhering together. The tool pinches the material together to get a tighter adhesion.

Any idea what this tool can be?

Here is another video they show it again at http://videos.howstu...-made-video.htm

Thanks guys.

Re: Please help me ID this tool

I'm seeing a variety of different tools in this video. Everything from printing plotters to computer-controlled pattern cutters. Are you referring to that small machine that appears to have two-gears that come down pinch the fabric together, rolling it along the adjoining pieces?

I did notice in a video frame shortly prior to that seaming process, where a woman was using a brush to apply an adhesive.. or at least that is what it looked like to me.

Interesting video, but most of the machinery seemed to be custom to the clothing industry.

Sorry this isn't more helpful,

CWS
    Last edited by CWSmith; 02-23-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

what is the time stamp on the video where the tool is used?
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

1:51
        Crimping tool for wetsuit seams

Comment

This link show several different air crimpers used for crimping fittings onto hoses and also others for crimping body panels. I'm sure you could find crimpers specific to the task you are doing. The ones in the video did appear to be crimping the wetsuit seams. What are you trying to crimp?
          http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=air+crimper
          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 02-23-2012, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X