X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registering products for LSA AFTER 90 days

I purchased a Ridgid palm nailer six months ago but never got around to register it. I just remember the other day, when I went to the product registration page it allowed me to register and select an old date and instructed to mail in the UPC cut out and receipt, but it also says to register within 90 days of purchase.

Question is would I still be able to do the LSA if registered after 90 days? and why would it matter when I registered as long as I have receipts and still within the warranty period?

Re: Registering products for LSA AFTER 90 days

I'm afraid that is a question that you should direct via a phone call to Ridgid customer service (you have that number in your paperwork and it is also here on this website).

I'm of the opinion that the LLSA is a promotional offering to get the customer to "register" thier tools. Like with just about anything, there is most always a time period within which you take advantage of the offer. You miss that, you miss out. Your warranty is 3-years from date of purchase and for that you will need the receipt of course. But the LLSA offer requires proper registration within 90-days and in order to meet those requirement you have to send a copy of your receipt as well as the original UPC bar code print from the product carton. The "rules" are made by the manufacturer and/or the marketer of products for their own reasons. Sometimes a company may offer "latitude", but most often there is not. Like most all things, responsibility needs to be recognized.

Give them a call,

CWS

Comment

Plan B, take it back to Home Depot, go to the service desk, tell them you forgot to register, want to return the product and re-purchase the exact same one so you can register it for the LLSA. if the serial numbers is entered in online, you are done for that particular tool.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
        Plan B, take it back to Home Depot, go to the service desk, tell them you forgot to register, want to return the product and re-purchase the exact same one so you can register it for the LLSA. if the serial numbers is entered in online, you are done for that particular tool.

He's had it for six months, I doubt they will take it back. Just register and see if they accept.

Comment

He is not returning it to get his money back, he is returning it, re purchasing it immediately, thus getting a new receipt for LLSA.

Comment

why bother with that. just buy another one and return it 5 minutes later. now he has a current receipt from the purchase. register it as new.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I think you guys are stretching the policy quite a bit. First off, he needs the UPC product bar code from the package, which is a specified requirement. While that has sometimes overlooked in the past for reasons that the UPC is sometimes required for rebates and other promotions, you still need to get the okay from Ridgid Customer Service.

Second, Home Depot's return policy is the same as Ridgid's (actually TTI's)... there's a 90-day window in which purchases can be returned. The fellow is now twice that length.

Now, he may find a "friend" at HD who will provide him with an updated receipt, but that doesn't take care of the UPC. But either way, it's fraudulent.

Best thing is simply to own up, call Ridgid Customer Service and use all the charm you can muster and maybe they'll feel sympathetic and grant the LLSA registration. But if NOT, I wouldn't blame Ridgid. We're really not talking about a big deal expense item here (although, that relative to the individual's pocketbook), and without the LLSA you still have a 3-year warranty. So, if the guy fails, I hope he just chalks it up to a "lesson learned".

CWS

Comment

You are missing what I am saying. I am not saying return it and buy a new one. I am saying return and repurchase the same unit. They will do it at the customer service desk, you just have to ask nice and clearly explain what you are after.

Comment

Make sure you explain in detail to your children or future children how important it is to cheat and lie in order to get what you want. Oh yeah, and that rules or for everyone else.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Masterbeavis,

No, I'm not missing what you said. I fully understand that you think getting a new receipt for the 6-month old purchase is perfectly fine as long as you keep the old tool and aren't asking for a NEW replacement product. While that may well be more "honest" than returning a tool that then has to go into the "recondition cycle", it is still not the right thing to do and the fellow may still be faced with what to do about the UPC. (But, he may still have that.) But, you are overlooking the fact that he is basically asking for three months beyond the time requirement rule... AND, if he doesn't have the UPC, then he is really asking for a six month extension of the warranty, because he's already had use of the tool for that period of time and would then be asking that this time be invalidated and a new receipt provided, in which he'd have three years from this much later date.

Again, the right thing to do is just own up and make the call and see what Ridgid Customer Service can do. If no luck there, then you just take the hit and learn from the experience. Not a bad lesson though as he still has 2-1/2 years left on his warranty.

CWS

Comment

This entire subject just amazes me! On this web site alone, I must have read hundreds of posts asking how to beat the system or con their way into something that they want now, but would not follow the the rules and register their purchase for the liberal warranties they could have received. And then, numerous members on this site provide various and crooked ways to defraud Ridgid and HD on their own web just because so many folks are lazy and want everything handed to them. So, as stated in a previous post, lets condone this attitude and teach others to cheat the system. I'll be sure to pass this info along to my Grandson along with some actual woodworking tricks. Jeez, I'm glad I'm already old (but still able to register my tools if I choose to).

Big G

Comment

Whatever happened to the days when tools were sold with virtually no warranty at all but lasted well over 10 years or more. Before getting roped into the Ridgid warranty, I had good success with contractor grade tools lasting until it got stolen or I seen something shiney and new to replace it with several years later. Some of the orange tools I have bought in the last year have been junk out of the box, or after a few months of use. Now with this warranty comes the illusion of quality, which is hit and miss it seems. Short of advocating stealing, I most certainly will suggest ways of manipulating the system to realize the advantage of a service that is offered and in my opinion no real skin off of their back aside from increased cost (calculated risk) of repairing something they engineered cut corners into. You can have your lawyer get in touch with mine. I am represented by the law offices of Dewey, Cheetum and Howe. Look em up, there number is listed.

Comment

And your point is?

While I might have a bit of an attitude toward one of my Ridgid cordless tools, they are pretty much "far and away" better then the stuff I used to buy back in the early 60's. Safer, better irgonomics, better fit and finish, and much better performance. I don't think you can compare "cordless" because there simply weren't any... or at least they might have been so few, cumbersum, and expensive that nobody had any.

But what has that got to do with bending the system because of a person's procrastination? Sounds like making an argument and trying to be athoritive to inforce your sense of reason. It may work in your world, but not very well in mine. But hey, this is America... you don't have to be right, you only have to have your own sense of what works for you.

CWS

Comment

[QUOTE=masterbeavis;371645]............ Short of advocating stealing, I most certainly will suggest ways of manipulating the system to realize the advantage of a service that is offered and in my opinion no real skin off of their back aside from increased cost (calculated risk) of repairing something they engineered cut corners into. QUOTE]

And therein lies the rub. Manipulating the system in order to receive something that you are not entitled to receive is in fact just that, stealing. So even though you say you aren't you are in fact advocating stealing.
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

It's so sad that many of today's [so called] adults do not take responsibility for their actions!
                              You missed a deadline...you forgot to register a tool during the allocated time frame,
                              you missed the center of the bowl and hit the carpet....

Well buck up Bucky and take responsibility clean up your mess and stop whining!

You messed up, learn from the mistake and move on! It's your fault no one else s!

I really hate to see a tradesman who is supposed to be "a professional" crying about
                              a dead battery he forgot to register two years ago[or however long] and wants the manufacturer to eat his error

So do you whine when you take your vehicle for service?
                              Do you whine when you grocery shop and the bananas turn black only after 2 days?

I make it a point to never hire cry babies and those that can't follow directions....

With my luck I'd have a landscaper install the sod brown side up since that's how it
                              was delivered on the pallet! and he neglected to follow directions from the sod company!

Cactus Man

Comment

Working...
                              X