X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinder Spindle Adapter

I have the Ridgid R10051 angle grinder and I need to adapt the 5/8" spindle to handle a 3/8" cup rasp. At it's simplest, I figure I need a reducer coupling 5/8" female reduced to 3/8" male. I have yet to find anyplace that even makes that combination. Any ideas out there?

Re: Grinder Spindle Adapter

at 11,000 rpm's you'll need a face shield and body armor.

post a photo or a link to the rasp and we'll see if it's designed for a 4.5'' angle grinder.

sounds more like a die grinder setup. but at 25,000 rpm's, it might disintegrate.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I agree with Rick... making an "adaptation" to such a high-speed tool sounds rather precarious to me, and I would be extremely hesitant in going there!

CWS

Comment

I agree USE THE CORRECT TOOL FOR THE TASK AT HAND!!!!!

what you're suggesting is dangerous and the R10051 grinder is not designed for that sort of use!

Go to Harbor Freight and buy a cheap correct tool for that specific use and you'll thank us for not
        getting hurt

Cactus Man

Comment

if your talking about the same type of rasp cup that is used with tire buffers, I would think just getting a cheap tire buffer, or the die grinder that will accept the drill type arbor and use that,

this place looks like they may have a collet adapter, about half way down on the page, but my guess is the adapter will cost more than a die grinder Collet Chuck & Collets
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. The wood rasp I'm targeting is a 2" carbide cup rasp by Saburr Tooth. It is rated 4,000 to 20,000 rpm. My brother uses Saburr Tooth rasps on a Dewalt die grinder at 10,000 rpm. His main complaint is the straight shaft design of the die grinder makes it a little cumbersome to use.

Having said all that, I will heed your warnings and maybe save myself a trip to the ER. Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Working...
            X