Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Ridgid plan on implementing a blade brake in table saws anytime soon?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Ridgid plan on implementing a blade brake in table saws anytime soon?

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
    From my own experience as a writer and illustrator of technical manuals, a company is open to liability at any time... regardless of the steps they take. Just look at the current safety guards on a table saw... they are there, supplied with the original saw... and all the instructions are there to point out their safe use and the dangers of when they are NOT used! Yet here was this case when those safety guards were removed, no one read the instructions, and the owner/boss gave no instructions or supervision to the guy who got hurt.....YET, the manufacturer of the saw and NOT the owner/boss was found liabel for that!!!

Just another case of the guy with the deepest pockets being the one who will be found guilty!

CWS

Let us hope they never apply this line of reasoning to guns. else every gun maker would be
    on the hook for every injury/death/killing and that would be the end of life as we know it.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
    X