TS3650 motor replacement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 motor replacement

I talked to Grizzly tech support. The G2535 is the same motor as what is on the Ridgid now. The 2hp model(G2536) is different from the G2535 in the following parameters....Motor is 1 inch longer and the shaft length is nearly identical(.06 inches longer) It looks to me that the 2hp motor would work. What do you folks think? I am now waiting to find out what the difference between the G series and the H series is(aside from a slight price increase) thanks for the help

rjherald

Re: TS3650 motor replacement

If it were me and the 2HP will indeed work then that is the way I'd go. What is the amp ratings on the 2HP and on the 1½ HP?
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

the 1 1/2hp is as follows.... AMPS @ 110V / 220V: 15.6 / 7.8
      the 2 hp is AMPS @ 110V / 220V: 18.6 / 9.3

My saw is on a dedicated 20a circuit so it should work fine. I may end up wiring it for 220v thanks for the reply

Comment

As long as you would only be running the saw on that dedicated 20 amp circuit and nothing else, I see no real advantage to going the 220V route regardless of the motor you end up getting. If their numbers are realistic your existing circuit should be able to run either motor.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
        X