Rigid 3300 Powerwasher rebuilt has engine issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 3300 Powerwasher rebuilt has engine issue

Picked up a 3300 powerwasher as a rebuilt return at Home Depot - good price but... Turns out it works great on my brick patio for just a few minutes. After 3-4 minutes the engine begins so falter - so water flow pulses from very low back up and down, of course ineffective.

Anyone have experience with taking Rigid's back to HD for maintenance repair? Should I expect that with proper description from me to run it for a few minutes to see problem they will fix it properly or should I look to a local lawn mower, etc., small engine repair shop.

I believe that "rebuilt" means "as is" from the Home Depot perspective so I suspect that I lost the lottery on hoped for "bargain" this time...nevertheless, appreciate feedback on best repair options.

Thanks!

Re: Rigid 3300 Powerwasher rebuilt has engine issue

If it was truly a factory rebuild then I'm pretty sure it carries a 1 Year Warranty. You will need to take it to an authorized service center along with your receipt to have it repaired. Now if it's just a store return that HD lied and called it reconditioned because one of their employees look at it and declared that it is indeed a pressure washer then you're SOL. There is no warranty, implied or otherwise, on any tool that is returned to a retailer unless it has gone through the factory reconditioned cycle.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Thanks BadgerDave, I'll stop by HD with the washer and receipt this weekend and see what they say!

Comment

I have a 2.6 gpm 3000 Ridgid power washer I bought about 3 years ago. It needs a new brass direct drive pump. Can't seem to find where to get parts for it. Took it to a small engine mechanic where he diagnosed it but not much good if he can't even get parts for it. When it did work it was great. The hose , gun and nozzles that come with it are a lot more heavy duty than other brands. Might be worthwhile for you to get someone to look at and hope it doesn't need parts . Good Luck

Comment

scottds, you should go to the main Ridgid website and look up service centers that work on pressure washers. They listed 5 that are within a 50 mile radius of Uxbridge. Parts availability should be no problem for any of them.
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
          X