Rigid 3300 Powerwasher rebuilt has engine issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid 3300 Powerwasher rebuilt has engine issue

Picked up a 3300 powerwasher as a rebuilt return at Home Depot - good price but... Turns out it works great on my brick patio for just a few minutes. After 3-4 minutes the engine begins so falter - so water flow pulses from very low back up and down, of course ineffective.

Anyone have experience with taking Rigid's back to HD for maintenance repair? Should I expect that with proper description from me to run it for a few minutes to see problem they will fix it properly or should I look to a local lawn mower, etc., small engine repair shop.

I believe that "rebuilt" means "as is" from the Home Depot perspective so I suspect that I lost the lottery on hoped for "bargain" this time...nevertheless, appreciate feedback on best repair options.

Thanks!

Re: Rigid 3300 Powerwasher rebuilt has engine issue

If it was truly a factory rebuild then I'm pretty sure it carries a 1 Year Warranty. You will need to take it to an authorized service center along with your receipt to have it repaired. Now if it's just a store return that HD lied and called it reconditioned because one of their employees look at it and declared that it is indeed a pressure washer then you're SOL. There is no warranty, implied or otherwise, on any tool that is returned to a retailer unless it has gone through the factory reconditioned cycle.
    Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Thanks BadgerDave, I'll stop by HD with the washer and receipt this weekend and see what they say!

Comment

I have a 2.6 gpm 3000 Ridgid power washer I bought about 3 years ago. It needs a new brass direct drive pump. Can't seem to find where to get parts for it. Took it to a small engine mechanic where he diagnosed it but not much good if he can't even get parts for it. When it did work it was great. The hose , gun and nozzles that come with it are a lot more heavy duty than other brands. Might be worthwhile for you to get someone to look at and hope it doesn't need parts . Good Luck

Comment

scottds, you should go to the main Ridgid website and look up service centers that work on pressure washers. They listed 5 that are within a 50 mile radius of Uxbridge. Parts availability should be no problem for any of them.
          Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
          ------- Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
          X