Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid R4512 Table Saw. Is the fence supposed to wiggle like this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid R4512 Table Saw. Is the fence supposed to wiggle like this?

Brand new Ridgid R4512 Table Saw. Is the fence supposed to wiggle like this? It seems like it has a lot of play to me, and it is hard for me to know whether I am locking it in just right. Is anyone else's saw this way? I thought I was buying a 'nice' saw that didn't have these types of problems. I have already spent hours calibrating this thing and have everything pretty close to perfect except for this nagging fence. Blade came lined up perfectly parallel to the miter slot. Blade is a straight 90. Miter gauge is perfect.

Re: Ridgid R4512 Table Saw. Is the fence supposed to wiggle like this?

Have you made any adjustments to the fence? It’d be rare for a fence on any decent saw to come out of the box perfectly adjusted and ready to use. The amount of slop in a fence is typically adjustable up to the point that the fence will no longer slide. Even minute changes can make a difference. Some slack is necessary in order to slide it down the rail, but as long as it doesn’t rock when clamped down it shouldn’t pose a problem. Once you get it adjusted parallel and tight enough for your liking, you can wax the top of the rail to help it slide smoothly. All very common stuff with saw fences.

The cursor is adjustable too, but I’m not sure it’ll adjust 1/2”....if push comes to shove, you might need to relocate the tape.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here....but....what difference does it make if there is some wiggle with the fence when is not locked down. If it were to wiggle when locked down, then I would have some concern. There are some adjustments for the fence that will probably lessen the amount of sloppiness in the unlocked position, but as long as it locks down squarely, I don't see a problem.

Ron

Comment

No kidding.

Why are you expecting it to be tight when it's not locked down?

Also why are you wearing sandals around a tablesaw?

Comment

Working...
        X