What's all the fuss about llsa registration, it couldn't be simpler

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's all the fuss about llsa registration, it couldn't be simpler

It has been a few years since I've purchased a new Ridgid tool but today I bought one. When I unpacked it, the first item I took out of the box was the packet with the Owners Manual in it. As past experience has taught me, its always a good idea to use the Owners Manual instructions when assembly is required. Anyways, in that packet was also the form that you fill out to send in with the UPC and receipt. How in the world can anyone possibly claim months/years later that they didn't know they had to register for the LLSA in this manner? I suppose in the future when I read about someone who claims they didn't know they had to mail in the registration form in order to sign-up for the LLSA that they have never opened the Owner Manual packet. In that case, that could probably also explain why they might be needing service on their tool, shall we say, a little prematurely? The registration form is right there in plain sight, there is no excuse for not seeing it and there certainly is no room at all to put any blame on Ridgid's back for not informing people about the requirement.
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Re: What's all the fuss about llsa registration, it couldn't be simpler

My signature says it all.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I dunno, I usually go to the ridgid site and register there right away. Still have to send in the UPC and receipt, but the only 2 things I have to enter in to register are the model and serial numbers, after I log in of course. The rest of the form is filled out for me, and I print it off and send it in with the other stuff. It's a breeze, and I can't understand why some complain about it.

Comment

Originally posted by d_slat View Post
        I dunno, I usually go to the ridgid site and register there right away. Still have to send in the UPC and receipt, but the only 2 things I have to enter in to register are the model and serial numbers, after I log in of course. The rest of the form is filled out for me, and I print it off and send it in with the other stuff. It's a breeze, and I can't understand why some complain about it.
        That's exactly what I did. The registration process has changed since I registered my other Ridgid tools years back but it was also quite simple back then too. Never had a single issue with registering any of my tools and don't expect to this time either. I chose to send in the printout from the online registration, the registration form that came with the tool and a cover letter detailing what I was registering along with my Dashboard(stupid name) information. I'm sure I overkilled on the paperwork however I certainly left no room for questions either.
        ================================================== ====
        All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Ridgid is also alot faster getting the paper work done on there end now too. It took less than 8 weeks for mine to show as registered for the LSA online.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I agree... what's all the fuss about!

But then I know full well that a major part of our society (and perhaps any society) is that too many people simply refuse to be bothered with the details of most everything. Their focus is only on the their very short term satisfaction, simply buy the product and use it.... no fuss, no attention, no reading (why should I have to do that?) and no looking beyond the immediate horizon... does the product work right now at this moment? I used to think people were just lazy, and perhaps that's a good label for it, but life seems to be so much more comfortable for many people, if they can simply ask somebody else or just expose their ignorance and blame everybody else about their burden, seeing it as everbody else's "problem" and absolutely none of their responsibility.

I agree (and have yet to have a real LLSA registration problem), that there really isn't anything "to fuss about".... but we all know that "fussing" is something that many of us very much prefer to do!

CWS
            Last edited by CWSmith; 03-13-2012, 10:13 AM.

Comment

The only step to the registration process I would add is:

Send it registered mail return signature receipt requested.

This may cost a bit more but then you have the complete cycle of documenting your
              tool registration and when Ridgid received your documentation.

Oh and get a second receipt at the time of purchase and even photocopy it as the heat
              print will fade quickly and you never know when you'll be asked for a copy of your receipt.

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                ... there is no excuse for not seeing it and there certainly is no room at all to put any blame on Ridgid's back for not informing people about the requirement.
                Surely you're not suggesting that folks take responsibility for their own inability to read and follow simple instructions, are you?
                "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
                X