Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BS1402 Bandsaw Table broke completely off!

Hi everyone. My dad was kind of enough to give me his BS1402 - mainly because a few parts are broken and need to be replaced. My question for you all is, is it possible to replace these parts?

Here are the issues:

The table for the saw is broken completely off. More specifically, the mounts that bolt on to the table itself. They are just sheared completely.:

[tIMG]http://michaelnjordan.com/images/bandsaw/03.jpg[/tIMG]

The other issue is that the top wheel - its mount is also completely broken off:

So what am I looking at here? I very seriously doubt this saw was registered. I can check, but I just have a feeling that it wasn't. Thanks in advance.

Re: BS1402 Bandsaw Table broke completely off!

IMO if you want to repair/replace these parts without warranty consider looking for an inexpensive donor for parts from another Ridgid bandsaw EB/CL that may or may not be running. Ridgid bandsaw may not be the upper eschelon of bandsaws but with upgraded parts and tuned it can pass the nickel test.

Comment

Try here, eReplacementParts or here, M & D.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

those have a 3 year warranty. if it's under warranty, repairs should be free. if your dad was thorough enough to register the saw for the lifetime service agreement (LSA), even if it's more than 3 years old, he's covered for the repair. wouldn't it be better for you to have ridgid foot the bill rather than taking on the expenditure yourself?
        there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

i have that same saw. the table and upper wheel didn't break off because of a defect. something was dropped or it fell over.

but the parts you need are something that could be ordered and replaced rather simply.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Good luck in getting replacement parts. I ordered my band saw in November 2011. The upper assembly hinge was broken upon arrival. I'm still waiting for the $18 part to come in. Several calls to Ridgid and 4 months later and all I have to show is a 200 lb paper weight collecting dust. Best of luck, you'll need it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Oakley View Post
              Good luck in getting replacement parts. I ordered my band saw in November 2011. The upper assembly hinge was broken upon arrival. I'm still waiting for the $18 part to come in. Several calls to Ridgid and 4 months later and all I have to show is a 200 lb paper weight collecting dust. Best of luck, you'll need it.
              That is extremely discouraging.

I was able to get the trunions for the table ordered from e-replacement parts; those should be in in about two weeks. I went ahead and ordered the hinge assembly for the upper wheel even though thtye aren't supposed to get to Ridgid until the end of May. At least I got a spot in line hopefully.

Maybe I'll have a working bandsaw by the end of summer!
              Last edited by miketeezie; 04-30-2012, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I, too, am waiting on the upper shaft/hinge wheel assembly. It was ordered in mid-March with a supposed late March delivery, but now it's May 1st and I'm still waiting! Unfortunately, this is the second time I've had to replace this part with just occasional use. It's made out of pot metal, so unless it gets redesigned I'll probably be ordering another at some point in the future.

-O&B

Comment

Working...
                X