X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: JobMax_Worst tool I have ever wasted good money on

are you guys having this issue with the new hyper lithium bats, or with the old bats? Im thinking its the old cells they dont use any more

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
      are you guys having this issue with the new hyper lithium bats, or with the old bats? Im thinking its the old cells they dont use any more
      Nope, mine all work flawlessly with the new hypers. The old 12v batteries are junk to be honest. I also bought the corded version, awesome tool, use the jobmax setup almost everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i wasn't trying to give you a "smarty pants" reply. in fact just the opposite. i was trying to help you out if there was a next time.

based on the fact that i have posted well over 15,000 times and well over 1000 photos, i know i've been more than helpful to those that truly want help. you came here not for help but to vent your anger. all you've really done is show us all how non responsible you were in not taking it back or returned for repairs all of which were under warranty for the first 3 years no questions asked.

i really think the blame is on you as you had an opportunity to make it right, but you chose to be an engineer and dissect a tool. now you want to put the blame on the company you never attempted to contact in the first place.

fyi i happen to be a plumbing contractor with 37 years of experience and i know how to follow written warranty instructions. it's not rocket science

i won't even bore you with the $$$$ in tools and equipment that i own of ridgid. some even being 1 of a kind.

rick.
        Rick you smarty pants you. God damn i started reading this and couldnt believe that a suposedly intelligent person with supposedly huge talent would post like this and then turn feral. Really Rick sometimes you just have to accept a loss. Better luck next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
          Maybe the problem has to do with the discharge rate when used with the jobmax. Maybe the tool just draws more juice than those little batteries can deliver, and they trip out on high discharge rate or temp.

And perhaps that is the point: Ridgid produced and marketed this tool with those particular batteries! So, if after one makes the purchase and finds it isn't working and Ridgid finds it isn't working, then perhaps the manufacturer should be taking steps to correct it. Like I said, it worked great at first. But now after a period of time those batteries are simply not enough to drive this particular tool... so from my point of view, that's an engineering design failure (if that is truly the problem) which needs to be addressed with those of us who have found it distressing.

It's really no more than if a manufacturer produced a corded tool with a minimal gauge cord, which would overheat and short if run more than a minute or two. That of course would most likely result in a recall. I see an under-sized battery as being pretty much the same issue. The tool simply doesn't perform as it was supplied.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
            And perhaps that is the point: Ridgid produced and marketed this tool with those particular batteries! So, if after one makes the purchase and finds it isn't working and Ridgid finds it isn't working, then perhaps the manufacturer should be taking steps to correct it. Like I said, it worked great at first. But now after a period of time those batteries are simply not enough to drive this particular tool... so from my point of view, that's an engineering design failure (if that is truly the problem) which needs to be addressed with those of us who have found it distressing.

It's really no more than if a manufacturer produced a corded tool with a minimal gauge cord, which would overheat and short if run more than a minute or two. That of course would most likely result in a recall. I see an under-sized battery as being pretty much the same issue. The tool simply doesn't perform as it was supplied.

CWS
            i agree CWS. I have the same tool but have not had a problem to date. but I have not pushed its capabilities, i use it mostly for the right angle drill and driver, but i have all the heads as well as the corded unit. and i still have my Fein multi-master which i have not sold. that tool has gobs of power but for $400 it better. unfortunately i bought it a couple years ago before the patent ran out so i paid top dollar because they were the only game in town and could command a high price.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
              Nope, mine all work flawlessly with the new hypers. The old 12v batteries are junk to be honest. I also bought the corded version, awesome tool, use the jobmax setup almost everyday.
              good point. does the problem still exist with the hyper batteries? if no then ridgid owes someone some batteries i think.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

So, if some people are complaining that the engineering is faulty and need to fix the power issue. Isn't that exactly what they did with the hyper lithium batteries? If the hylith batteries fix the problem, I would say congrats to the engineers.

Comment

Working...
                X