X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R4512 Tablesaw motor pulley

Well after tightening the belt, problem persisted, motor pully was loose and could slide on shaft. Could not find diagram to even tell me what the size of the set screw was (think it is a 2.5mm), but it is stuck solid (red substance in it- locktite?). Anyway without being able to loosen it up, can't retighten it obviously. Sent correspondence to ridgid already, but wondering if any others had same problem.

Why can't I get a decent parts diagram for this on the ridgid website?

I really like the saw, but something as simple as this should be easier.

Re: R4512 Tablesaw motor pulley

if you think theye use locktight put a little heat to it. then loosen set screw

Comment

I would think that a call to Ridgid Customer Service or a Ridgid Service Center would get you an answer on the size of that set screw as fast as it took to write your email. Unfortunately, the Internet can't be everything to everybody all of the time.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well call to ridgid got me the diagram and service center info. Obviously my pulley has a damaged set screw as there is no 5 mm piece, but the screw end is there. I am thinking it snapped in assembly as the back end of the screw would be under little stress in operation.

Anyway, was told I could bring the pulley into the service center which is not really close, but after calling them, was told they can't look at it unless I bring my entire saw into the shop as they feel it could be the shaft (I was told he has been doing this for 54 years) and won't even consider trying to get the pulley right first. So now I will be without this tool until I can find the time to take off work possibly borrow a truck and take it into this shop, and then do it all over again when it is fixed.

May be cheaper in time to scrap it and buy a new one (likely not a ridgid)

not a happy camper

Comment

Hey paulhwood this table saw is the same as the Sears craftsman saw so maybe contact sears service center and maybe they can help you. By the way dose anyone know who manufactures these 2 table saws?? Thanks,,,,DWB

I have done so much with so little for so long, I can do almost anything with nothing now!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by paulhwood View Post
            Well call to ridgid got me the diagram and service center info. Obviously my pulley has a damaged set screw as there is no 5 mm piece, but the screw end is there. I am thinking it snapped in assembly as the back end of the screw would be under little stress in operation.

Anyway, was told I could bring the pulley into the service center which is not really close, but after calling them, was told they can't look at it unless I bring my entire saw into the shop as they feel it could be the shaft (I was told he has been doing this for 54 years) and won't even consider trying to get the pulley right first. So now I will be without this tool until I can find the time to take off work possibly borrow a truck and take it into this shop, and then do it all over again when it is fixed.

May be cheaper in time to scrap it and buy a new one (likely not a ridgid)

not a happy camper
            save yourself a trip. buy a new 4512 and return the old one with the receipt from the new one. why should thier manufacturing defect inconvenience you in any way at all. let them wrestle with the defective unit.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

past 90 days so warranty service was my only option I thought. At the shop now.

I am trying to look at the bright side of this:

1. It allows me to reassemble the fence when I get it back giving me the chance to get to know my saw better and likely get everything out of square.
              2. It allowed me to lose a nut from the rails so I got to go to the hardware store to pickup a replacement.
              3. It gave purpose for my wifes 14 mpg Suburban
              4. It gives me 3 weeks plus without a tablesaw to concentrate on other things

Comment

I'm having the same issue with the pulley moving side to side on the chuck. I thought it was going to be an easy fix, just tighten the set screw (which I'm planning on doing tomorrow). Worst case scenario, you take the pully out, drill or heat the screw out, then get another set screw at the hardware store right? Or are set screws a special item? I'm not even sure why you couldn't use a regular machine screw as long as it doesn't touch the belt....

Comment

brewdude-

What you say is probably the best thing to do. It appears my set screw was damaged during manufacture. If it wasn't loose enough to come off on it's own, I would not have been able to see it.

The reason I bought this saw over the craftsman was the lifetime warranty.

Comment

Well, I tried tightening and used the green lock tite (the penetrating stuff) and the pully still moves. On top of that I ended up stripping the set screw which is really too small IMO. One quick phone call to Ridgid and I have a new pully, set screw, and key on the way. Hopefully I'll get it right this time.... Give Ridgid a call, they have all of these parts in stock ready to ship at no charge.

Comment

Working...
                    X