ridgid radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid radio

I remember reading about the radio going to change to a battery charging radio. Does anyone know for sure and when this might happen

Re: ridgid radio

Anybody? I don't want to buy a radio if the next model will have a charger included

Comment

Originally posted by DIRKS View Post
      Anybody? I don't want to buy a radio if the next model will have a charger included
      that is what i heard but not so sure now.

Comment

Don't hold your breath.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

The radio that charges batteries will be coming out along with the heavy duty cordless impact wrench. Ridgid is not about to be left at a disadvantage to the likes of ryobi, milwaukee, dewalt, you get it, unfortunately Ridgid does not.

Comment

I talked to the TTI rep today... she had heard through the grape vine about my Impact Wrench creation, unfortunately I didnt have it with me to show her!

No word on anything new except the Jobmax is getting a recip-saw attachment... yawn... big deal, I have the 18v unit anyway, and the 12v has to be gutless with a recip-blade... anyway, she said she would pass on the want for a rotory tool head as well as a grinder head.... we can only wish...

Comment

Still holding my breath..... NOT! I made my adapter, now I don't need Ridgid to come out with tools to keep up with the Jonses. Ryobi is also exclusively distributed by HD, they already have all their eggs in that basket.
              We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
                Still holding my breath..... NOT! I made my adapter, now I don't need Ridgid to come out with tools to keep up with the Jonses. Ryobi is also exclusively distributed by HD, they already have all their eggs in that basket.
                maybe he should have asked her to explain to execs how sad it is that people have to make their own tools because ridgid refuses to make the tools that almost every other major and minor company makes.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                  I talked to the TTI rep today... she had heard through the grape vine about my Impact Wrench creation, unfortunately I didnt have it with me to show her!

No word on anything new except the Jobmax is getting a recip-saw attachment... yawn... big deal, I have the 18v unit anyway, and the 12v has to be gutless with a recip-blade... anyway, she said she would pass on the want for a rotory tool head as well as a grinder head.... we can only wish...
                  If I had the opportunity to spend some time with a Ridgid rep I'd take them to home depot and ask them which set of cordless tools they would buy? If they chose Ridgid , I'd ask them what if they needed a grinder or heavy duty impact wrench? These folks just don't live in the real world. Sure they are selling kits but they are also severely limited when compared to every other manufacturer because of tools offered. I don't know how many Ridgid cordless batteries, chargers and tools are in use, but for every owner out there, there exists a potential sale for new add on tools. The cordless grinder/cutoff tool has become "The" tool for removing rusted parts at salvage yards, and for cutting off locks. Honest people need to cutoff locks and if they can't get the tool from Ridgid they will buy it elsewhere!

How many folks who own Ridgid batteries and chargers also do auto work and need to remove and mount high torque bolts and hardware? One way to find out Ridgid, offer a bare tool comparable to the DeWalt 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench (300ftlbs) and see what happens. I bet home depot couldn't keep them on the shelves. Guys like me with our old nicads and new hyper lithium owners alike would snap them up. My choices now are Ryobi with 220lbsftlbs for $99, or I can go with the DeWalt and the whole new battery and charger platform. The customers for these tools exist and grow with every Ridgid sale, but the tools need to be available for our batteries.

Comment

Working...
                  X