Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seriously where are the new tools?

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
    When are new RIDGID tools coming out? I need a fix! All the other tool companies have rolled out new items.
    I was wondering the same thing

Comment

seriously how much to build me one. Just bought the 18 volt yard tools.
      It took me about 2 hours to learn how to put this together and fix mistakes. My limitation is supplies, I need contact points, point holders, and the Ryobi lanyard. If you have a dead 12-18v drill, send me the parts and I'll whip you something up next time I am making my Dewalt to Ridgid adapter.
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

[QUOTE=masterbeavis;373882]It took me about 2 hours to learn how to put this together and fix mistakes. My limitation is supplies, I need contact points, point holders, and the Ryobi lanyard. If you have a dead 12-18v drill, send me the parts and I'll whip you something up next time I am making my Dewalt to Ridgid adapter.[/QUOT

which dewalt base are you using, reg or nano?

Comment

I was going to do the old style NICD XRP base, those are the tools I have that I want to re-power.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

come on mr poke, tell what the 18 volt tool is. I heard its 18 volt jobmax.
            I spoke with someone who said the reps had already been shown the 18v jobmax. They were allowed to see it and try it out at the Q1 meeting. They were not sure when it would be out.

I was going to buy the 12v, now I am waiting on the 18v, I don't need any more different type batteries. I will buy a HF if I need while I am waiting on the 18v.

Comment

I think the tool will be clumsy with a 18v battery.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I think this post from the "Ridgid Radio" thread belongs here.

"Originally Posted by Alphacowboy
                I talked to the TTI rep today... she had heard through the grape vine about my Impact Wrench creation, unfortunately I didnt have it with me to show her!

No word on anything new except the Jobmax is getting a recip-saw attachment... yawn... big deal, I have the 18v unit anyway, and the 12v has to be gutless with a recip-blade... anyway, she said she would pass on the want for a rotory tool head as well as a grinder head.... we can only wish..."

"If I had the opportunity to spend some time with a Ridgid rep I'd take them to home depot and ask them which set of cordless tools they would buy? If they chose Ridgid , I'd ask them what if they needed a grinder or heavy duty impact wrench? These folks just don't live in the real world. Sure they are selling kits but they are also severely limited when compared to every other manufacturer because of tools offered. I don't know how many Ridgid cordless batteries, chargers and tools are in use, but for every owner out there, there exists a potential sale for new add on tools. The cordless grinder/cutoff tool has become "The" tool for removing rusted parts at salvage yards, and for cutting off locks. Honest people need to cutoff locks and if they can't get the tool from Ridgid they will buy it elsewhere!

How many folks who own Ridgid batteries and chargers also do auto work and need to remove and mount high torque bolts and hardware? One way to find out Ridgid, offer a bare tool comparable to the DeWalt 1/2" heavy duty impact wrench (300ftlbs) and see what happens. I bet home depot couldn't keep them on the shelves. Guys like me with our old nicads and new hyper lithium owners alike would snap them up. My choices now are Ryobi with 220lbsftlbs for $99, or I can go with the DeWalt and the whole new battery and charger platform. The customers for these tools exist and grow with every Ridgid sale, but the tools need to be available for our batteries. Frank. Reply With Quote .
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I guess that could be a course of grass roots action that might yield some results. If everyone were to look out for the RIDGID rep when they visit HD (you can usually easily spot their truck in the parking lot), and then seek them out in the store and relay their desire for this or that tool or feedback to them changes they would like to see maybe those comments would make it back up the pipeline and into someones' brain who could or would do something with them. It can't work any less efficiently than all the wishing and dreaming that goes on here on this forum.

If they got enough requests from across the country asking for a 18v 1/2" drive impact wrench or a 4" grinder or rotary tool (think RotoZip) attachment maybe they would listen.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Bob, I don't believe they need requests for those tools, or that they have done research to justify not offering them. If Ryobi, Milwaukee, deWalt and the rest can offer, sell and profit from those tools, why not Ridgid? It makes even more sense for Ridgid to offer them because they have a growing consumer base who own their 18volt batteries and chargers and would rather not buy into another brand when they can buy the bare tool. If anything, Ridgid sales would have to increase dramatically because more consumers would be drawn in by the complete line, better quality than Ryobi and better warrantee than the high end brands. With the addition of in house (home depot) tool drop off, they could crush all others.

Comment

Working...
                    X