X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously where are the new tools?

When are new RIDGID tools coming out? I need a fix! All the other tool companies have rolled out new items.

Re: Seriously where are the new tools?

This is my first time visiting this forum, and I was reading posts on a thread from december discussing ryobi vs ridgid and wondering why Ridgid doesnt have a more extensive line like Ryobi... and it seemed like there might be some confusion about TTI. The wholly own Milwaukee and Ryobi, however they do not wholly own Ridgid, they only manufacture their power tools (and have nothing to do with the plumbing side). TTI will always be more dedicated to getting people locked into their Ryobi and Milwaukee battery platforms because it is much more profitable to them. It doesnt mean they dont work hard to innovate Ridgid products and grow Ridgid sales, its just probably not their main focus.

But just out of curiousity.... what tools would you like to see added or improved?

Comment

I think the most popular want is for a cordless 1/2" impact wrench.

Comment

I can tell you with absolute certainty that there are not NEW tools on the horizon for the Ridgid brand. There are a few different jobmax attachment heads coming but nothing more than that. Every time TTI slaps a Ridgid name on a tool they have to pay Ridgid a royalty. Home Depot essential controls the demand for what TTI will bring next under the Ridgid brand and right now they are only focused on going after the average homeowner and competing with Kobalt/Lowes.

Comment

right now they are only focused on going after the average homeowner

Well this home owner wants new 18 volt tools!

Comment

But just out of curiousity.... what tools would you like to see added or improved?

reintroduced and improved, !8 volt jig saw and shop vac, radio with charger. New 18 volt impact wrench, angle grinder, multi charger, rotary hammer drill. 12 volt circular saw, impact driver, dremel thing, heated jacket, pvc cutter, cutting shears..... just to name a few of course.

Comment

Originally posted by d_slat View Post
              I think the most popular want is for a cordless 1/2" impact wrench.
              Like this.... https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t40183/

Comment

There is a new "18 volt" tool coming, but it is not a new tool.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPoke View Post

is it the new 18 volt jobmax
                  ?

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                    is it the new 18 volt jobmax
                    ?
                    Thats already out in ryobi blue.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      Thats already out in ryobi blue.
                      true but i hear orange will follow

Comment

Originally posted by MrPoke View Post
                        come on mr poke, tell what the 18 volt tool is. I heard its 18 volt jobmax.

Comment

right now they are only focused on going after the average homeowner and competing with Kobalt/Lowes.
                          [/LEFT][/QUOTE]

cool they are competing with kobalt, just read the review for the 300ft pound torque impact wrench made by kobalt. Cant wait RIDGID!

Comment

I heard that TTI pitches the new product ideas to Home Depot, Home Depot has a yes or no say, and typically kills the yes Ideas by putting it on clearance when they don't sell like hot cakes. Also was told that Home Depot also has all of their eggs in the Ryobi 1+ line in regards to having the variety of tools for the average homeowner. Why duplicate effort?

Us Ridgid 18V owners get to suck it and suffer. I personally got creative and built my solution. Now I have an awesome 18V flashlight, a portable fan, impact gun, grinder, chainsaw etc all available and in stock at Home Depot. It looks goofy, but it works.

Last edited by masterbeavis; 04-05-2012, 12:06 AM.
                            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

seriously how much to build me one. Just bought the 18 volt yard tools.

Comment

Working...
                              X