X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JobMax Replacement Blade

Has anyone been successful in ordering an authentic replacement blade? This tool was invaluable when I renovated but I screwed up the blade when trying to cut a large nail. I can't find an authentic replacement. Home Depot, as usual, doesn't stock them. They have no problem selling the ridgid tools but are really lacking in tool support. I've found some multi-fit blades but they are all mail-in sites and will cost about $20.00 (including shipping) for one blade. I will toss the unit before I get raped for a $20.00 blade.

Re: JobMax Replacement Blade

JobMax Multi-Tool Blade Kit-A24JM80 at The Home Depot

it's $25, but for 3 blades. I know they stock them separately at my local Home Depot, but I don't see them sold that way on their site.

Comment

I know that Hacksaw was interested in a Ridgid-brand blade, but I buy and use blades by Dremel, Bosch, and Rockwell also. I have no trouble finding those blades at H.D. or Lowe's. I also regularly use Harbor Freight's blades, although they require a slight modification (which was covered in an earlier thread).

Comment

Home depot actually launched individual ridgid blades in stores in the last two weeks. Should be at your local store merchandised between jobmax displayer and radios.

Comment

There are a number of "other brand" multitool replacement blades offered on E-bay

Avoid the bidding wars and look for the buy now some have great deals
          I have the Jobmax and I have purchased my blades from E-bay ..affordable,
          well made and last long!

I currently forget the manufacturers but I did do a thread discussing just this topic
          so do a search.

The Harbor Freight blades are cheap and do not wear well but in a pinch will do the job.

Cactus Man

Comment

The Ridgid brand ones are ok but I have found nothing compares to a genuine fein blade. My hardwood flooring guy gave me his "dull" old fein blade, it cut better than my new Bosch blade and lasted twice as long as any blade I have ever bought. Today my hardwood flooring guy again disposed of his "used" blade, this one is a imperial branded blade, its way more robust than the fein and it feels sharper than my new ridgid blade. I'll try it out tomorrow and let you know the results, oh and its made right here in the USA!

Comment

As a follow up.....

On E-bay search for "multimaster blades"
              about 955 listings will show up.

Manufacturers: Specialty Diamond, Bqmax, MFB, Fitzall Blades etc.

I have used the Specialty diamond and Fitzall blades with good results.

Today we have over 25 brands/models of oscillating tools out there.
              There are blades that will easily fit the Ridgid Jobmax and others will
              require an adapter.

The Adapter that comes with your kit and the "Dremel adapter" [$5.00 at home Depot]
              should be all you need to assemble a nice selection of cutting and scraping blades

Cactus Man

Comment

I guess it varies from store to store. My HD doesn't stock them and, since I live in Canada, it costs about $10.00 for shipping if I order online.

Comment

Just a note to anyone with a fein multitool, i bought a couple blades from multiblades.com , they fit thefein tool ok but because the blades are slightly thinner than the oem blades the tool would not clamp down tight on the blade. There was no danger in the blade coming off, it just rattled a little. I did not like the way it fit so did not use it on the fein multimaster, but it fit ok on the jobmax .
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Just heard about this place online that sharpens MultiMaster blades.

anyone used them yet? I am going to give them a try. I think I have two or three
                    blades that were earmarked for the trash bin but now maybe they will get a reprieve.

The only company online sharpening Fein MultiMaster Blades! - Home
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    ---------
                    ---------

Comment

Originally posted by Hacksaw123 View Post
                      I guess it varies from store to store. My HD doesn't stock them and, since I live in Canada, it costs about $10.00 for shipping if I order online.
                      Have you asked the store to order some so you can pick up in house? I also live in Ontario and both stores in my area (Kitchener Area) have the blades available.

I haven't used my jobmax oscillating head very much yet. I always thought the replacement blades were kind of expensive. I figured the cost of the blades made the tool a bit to pricey to use. I was wondering how long do the blades last in wood? I tried a metal/wood blade once in plaster and lath and there were no teeth left on it after two minutes. At $12 a blade, the thought of going through a mountain of blades scares the heck out of me.

Comment

I often use Rockwell blades on my JobMax. I get them at Lowe's and they are an exact fit, with no adapters. As a bonus, Lowe's often has some of the blades on clearance in some of the stores (not all), and the prices drop dramatically. I've paid as little as $2 for a $16 blade. The blades are very good, and some are the best I've used. Strangely, the Lowe's that are discounting the blades seem to rotate. For example, I bought the shears attachment for just 3 bucks at one Lowe's, while it was at the full $25 at some of the other Lowe's. A week later, the deal had shifted to another store or stores. If you're looking for a deal on what I think is a very good blade, consider checking the Rockwell blades at Lowe's from time to time.
                        -Dan

Comment

what is the shears attachement you speak of. I'm guessing it will only fit the Rockwell tool right?

is it for cutting thin sheet metal or for wire cloth or fabric.
                          ---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Bob,
                            The shears can be seen at the link below. They fit the JobMax and the Ryobi multi-tool without an adapter, and the shears are designed to cut carpet, fabric, wire, leather, etc. I've sold several of them to upholsterers, but I guess there are other uses as well. The shears attach to the multi-tool head.
                            -Dan

atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/tls/3602452689.html

Comment

Working...
                            X