Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone try the R3250 Fuego dual blade saw yet?

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on the R3250 twin blade saw. Looks like it would be handy for pole barn metal, rerod, demo jobs, ect. Home Depot has them marked down to $129.00 right now. Any input would be appreciated.

Re: Anyone try the R3250 Fuego dual blade saw yet?

I have one, I used it ....

The concept is very clever!

The design is much better than the other dual blade saws out there..

For example this unit is friendly to a left handed user, while the other units are
    dangerous to use if you're left handed!
    It is also well balanced.

The cuts are fine..the kerf though is 1/4" [well 2 1/8 blades]

The lubricant feeder when cutting metal is still a poor design and does
    not work well.

I have cut 2" square steel tubing, 2" copper pipe and 3" PVC with this tool. The tool does cut quickly.
    PVC had a ton of burrs to clean up, copper and steel cut nicely but I did
    struggle at first to keep the blades on my cut line. Keeping the cut straight too can be a challenge.

remember to allow a 1/4" kerf when measuring your cut!

Convenience? I must admit if you have a good quality reciprocating saw you can probably accomplish
    just about every task the dual saw can.

I'm a weekend warrior and can not describe specific usage in the professional work arena.

Cactus Man

Comment

Thanks for the info. How about blade life? do the blades hold up well? I noticed they're a little pricey.

Comment

A common complaint I have read about these types of saws is the unit seizing up from bad design or lack of maintenance. I'd like to try one of these saws just to have an opinion about them, but being able to ANYTHING with it looks very appealing.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
        X