Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to register replacement batteries?

I just used the LSA to get the batteries replaced in my 3 year old Ridgid r86006 drill that both went dead several months ago. Is my current LSA good for the new batteries or do I need to re-register?

Thanks, Mark

Re: How to register replacement batteries?

Yes but do it over the phone with Ridgid Customer Service. They will need to remove the old batteries serieal numbers off of your current list and replace them with the new ones.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I agree with BadgerDave,

From past postings of this question, the procedure has been that you call Ridgid Customer Service, provide them whatever information may be required and they update your online record to reflect the new serial numbers.

CWS

Comment

Thanks guys, that's what I'll do.

Mark

Comment

Looks like I don't need to register the replacement batteries after all because I just logged onto the Ridgid product registration page and the new serial #'s are already on there :-) They were not as of yesterday and I was not able to add them which means that they were added through the process of getting the batteries replaced at Home Depot. Good job Home Depot... I'm actually impressed.

Mark

Comment

how do you go about getting replacement batterys / l have 8 power tools with batterys and chargers registered with RIDGID / hows it work

Comment

IF... and that's a big "IF", you have properly registered your Ridgid power tools into the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" program, then that "agreement" cover batteries, chargers, and most service components for as long as you own the tool.

To get this service, like a worn-out or damaged battery or other component, you need to take or send the battery, the charger, and probably even the tool to your nearest "authorized" service center for testing and service. If they deem the battery is bad, they'll replace it free of charge.

Obviously this poses a problem for owners who live some distance from a "service center", or one which may be smaller and does not stock the batteries or other components. In which case, it may take a couple of week or more for them to order the new battery and return everything to you.

Within the last few months, some forum members have discovered that thier local Home Depot will provide this service. That unfortunately is NOT available at every store and I just asked my local store if they did that. They of course knew nothing about it and gave me that "you're crazy" look.

But about "registration".... far too many owners think that they are covered by the LLSA, when it fact they find that they are not. Not saying that is your case (and hopefully not), but the "LLSA" is not automatic just because the product was purchased. Also, just registering the purchase on this website does not get you the LLSA either. The stipulation is that you must, within 90-days (IIRC) of purchase, send in the UPC from the product carton, along with a COPY of the sales receipt. You must provide your contact information (name, address, phone, etc) and also the model and serial number information on the tools or toos, if it was a combo. That sericial and model info must be not only for the main tool, but also for the batteries, and any other attachments that may come with the tool and be separately identified by a serial number and model number (for example, a drill with two batteries and a charger... all have to be listed and identified in your documentation).

I hope this helps and good luck,

CWS

Comment

well that stinks / l never knew that or did that about mailing in the UPC and the receipt / all l did and all l thought l had to do was register all my tools on the RIGID tool web site / in 2006 l had a cash windfall and bought EVERY tool [almost] that RIGID made to refinish my new[old] house / now after 6 years l,m on the last room [bathroom] and l,m having tool [battery] problems / well sadly to say but if l have to go buy new tools to finish my home it wont be RIGID / no since buying quality tools for my last job because after l,m done l,m done forever / because after this l,m calling a contractor and just throwing money at them / gettin to old for this stuff

Comment

I just got 4 new replacement batteries and the process is easy. Take the old batteries to a Ridgid Service Center. They discard your old batteries and get new ones for you. It took about a week for me. You then have to call Ridgid to have them change the serial number in their database to maintain the LSA.

Comment

Working...
                  X