4512 Blade Adjustmetn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4512 Blade Adjustmetn

Before I go digging all through the manual I wanted to ask here first. I bought a 4512 about a month and a half ago and have been using it to rip 7/16 osb that I'm hanging in my shop. Not a ton of use by no means and I have been using the stock blade. When i assembled the saw the blade was perfectly square horizontally and vertically. I noticed last night that the saw was resisting the cut a little and making more noise than normal so I checked the blade. It's still striaght up vertically but the front of the blade is offcenter a little now. Is that adjustable and if so how? Also was it something I did that made it lose adjustment? Just trying to see if i can avoid having that issue in the future.

Re: 4512 Blade Adjustmetn

My suggestion is that you do go digging all through the Owners Manual. It sounds like you may have assembled this saw but skipped the tune-up part of the setup procedure. A table saw that is not properly fine tuned is a dangerous table saw. I think that you'll find that once you've gotten everything aligned properly your saw will perform as it should.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

The saw was checked according to the install instructions during the setup and was true and square. The inaccuracy has happened since the setup during normal use. My question is how to adjust the blade now and now that I dug through the manual I can't find directions on how to fix it. The manual covers te blade not being square vertically but not what to do if the blade is not square horizontally.

Comment

By "not square horizontally" you mean from the front of the blade to the rear of the blade, the instructions in the manual dealing with aligning the blade with the miter slot will correct that situation.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Yes i thought it was not square front to back. I checked it today with a square, took the blade off and put it back on and retightened and everything is square. I might have just been cross eyed looking at it the other night after a long day of work when it looked crooked.

Comment

Working...
          X