Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a obsolete Milwaukee part......

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a obsolete Milwaukee part......

Hi,
    I'm new to this forum and have a question to ask. I have a older Milwaukee drill that I'ved own since 1986. It's had every day use as I was a custom stair builder/ installer. The spindle that the chuck threads onto broke off clean with the end of the drill housing. I checked on Milwaukee's site and it's obsolete. I checked many of the sites online for parts and no one has it. Milwaukee is of no help. all they want to do is sell you a new drill. It's a model 0222-1 and the part number is 38-50-5660 . There a bunch of different versions of the 0222-1 drill. Mine falls between serial # 430-384000 and 430-864000. I'd like to find a new part or even a broken used drill or used part between those numbers. If anyone knows of a good source of older or obsolete Milwaukee parts, please post. It's a shame to scrap this drill. You can't buy a new one as good.

Thanks,

Barry

Re: Looking for a obsolete Milwaukee part......

Looks like these people might be able to help you out.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

find a used drill off of Ebay and part it out, if all else fails
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Are you sure you have the right part number?

I look at the parts sheets for the model starting with s/n 384000 and they are different from those starting at s/n 864000. So if your drill falls between those two numbers it should be the spindle shown on the first parts sheet.

The spindle part number you gave in your original post is for those drills starting at s/n 864000. Milwaukee's parts site says its no longer available, but that does not mean that one of the service centers does not have one sitting on the shelf collecting dust while it waits for you to find it.

The p/n for the earlier models is 38-50-5051, and it is also no longer available.

A quick search using Google for

Milwaukee 38-50-5051

yielded a number of hits for various parts houses. one of them is bound to have it in stock.

and if you think their price is high remember that they have maintained that item in stock for many years waiting for you to buy when even Milwaukee choose not to carry it any longer.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I did some more research and found some pics of both the 38-50-5051 and the 38-50-5660 spindle. I've added it to this post so you can see what it looks like. I definitely need the 38-50-5660 one. I saw some crazy prices on the 5051 spindle. I've been watching Ebay for some drills for parts and already got one, but the drill was different internally, even though it's the same 0222-1 series.It all depends on the serial numbers as to what's inside. I also looked at my serial number. It's really beat up and extremely hard to read, even with a magnifing glass. I am probably wrong on the number I listed above. I've called all the authorized Milwaukee service places in Conn. I'm going to expand my search out of state.

Barry
          Attached Files
          Last edited by bonusbuilt1950; 04-13-2012, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Come on, you got 25 plus years out of this poor drill....... Buy a new one!
            (Thought this was a Ridgid forum?)

G.

Comment

Originally posted by Big G View Post
              Come on, you got 25 plus years out of this poor drill....... Buy a new one!
              (Thought this was a Ridgid forum?)

G.
              problem is a new drill will be lucky to last 4 years.

My Milwaukee 0234-1 is still going strong after 20+ years, and I expect it will outlast me.
              Probably the only thing that will go bad is the power cord because the cord jacket will start
              to deteriorate in another couple years.
              Last edited by Bob D.; 04-14-2012, 06:26 AM.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

THe problem is I am disabled and disability doesn't pay much, so I have to watch the pennies. And also, why throw away something that works other than the spindle being broken. We throw away too much in the landfills. I just wanted to fix it if I can, if I can't find the part, then so be it. I thought maybe someone knew of a good place to find parts....... Yes, it's a rigid forum, but I've seen other posts here about Milwaukee tools. doesn't hurt to ask!

Barry

Comment

Working...
                X