Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ridgid Impact Driver which is a better deal?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Impact Driver which is a better deal?

Hone Depot is now offering a free lithium ion battery with purchase of certain cordless power tools.

I am looking to get an impact driver and this one:

RIDGID Hyper-Lith X4 18-Volt 1/4 in. Cordless Impact Driver SKU 798-867

is priced at $169.00, comes with the R86034K driver, a charger and ONE battery, but I can get a free battery with it.

However, in looking around, I noticed this combo kit:

RIDGID 18-Volt Drill/Impact Driver Combo 2-Piece SKU 573-073

This combo is priced at $199, includes an 18V drill, an 18V driver, a charger and 2 batteries PLUS the free battery.

I can't figure out if the driver in the combo is the same driver in the first item? The first one says "Hyper Lith X4" so it's a more advanced model? If it is a different model what is the difference? Is it significant performance wise?

Seems for an extra $30 I get an extra drill AND an extra battery is a great deal? What do you all think?

Re: Ridgid Impact Driver which is a better deal?

The driver packaged in the 199.00 combo is the x3 unit with x4 batteries.

Comment

Seems for an extra $30 I get an extra drill AND an extra battery is a great deal? What do you all think?[/QUOTE]

i like the new features on the x4 so i say do what i did. Buy the hammer drill with bonus impact and free battery! Better because full size batts and hammer drill

Comment

They have a combo kit that is the x4 hammer drill and x4 impact? I couldn't find it.

I have a corded hammer drill and always used a corded one for such applications though.

Comment

Originally posted by miamicuse View Post
          They have a combo kit that is the x4 hammer drill and x4 impact? I couldn't find it.

I have a corded hammer drill and always used a corded one for such applications though.
          It was a promo, some stores still have them.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
            The driver packaged in the 199.00 combo is the x3 unit with x4 batteries.
            does it mean old driver with newer battery? it is no good?

Comment

Working...
            X