Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
RIDGID RD80706 Pressure Washer, 3300 PSI, 3 GPM - CAT pump info Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID RD80706 Pressure Washer, 3300 PSI, 3 GPM - CAT pump info

Hi - new to forum. Lot's of good info but no a lot available on this relatively new PW.

I was mostly concerned about maintenance on the CAT pump - listed as a "3GTX30" but this pump is not listed on CAT website and there is no documentation provided except that I should refer to "professional service".

I called CAT technical support and they were very helpful. They verified that this pump is a re-branded 3DNX series pump and that the service manual to use is: http://www.catpumps.com/products/pdf...3SPX%20Svc.pdf

The service manual indicates a initial pump oil change after 50 hours of use, followed by changes at 300 hours. I plan on changing pump and engine oil soon earlier although support verified that I could wait the full 50 hours without concern. I've done some light break-in (about 4 hours) with the PW and and I noticed that the pump oil color changed quite a bit darker. I also see a big change in the engine oil which it typical for most break-in I guess.

Anyway, support told me that I could find the oil in Home Depot (I must have missed it) or I could use a good quality ISO68 hydraulic oil - but they recommend CAT branded oil.

I really like the PW so far - seems well built, starts great, nice features. I will be using for around the house - not commercial use. Hopefully this helps someone else save a little time on research. I'm just trying to give this nice new CAT pump and Subaru engine a long service life.

Re: RIDGID RD80706 Pressure Washer, 3300 PSI, 3 GPM - CAT pump info

I have the 3GXT27 3000psi 2.7GPM I just changed the oil in the motor but haven't seen any Cat Pump oil in home depot...I too would like where to get this oil...Love the pressure washer.

Comment

Re: RIDGID RD80706 Pressure Washer, 3300 PSI, 3 GPM - CAT pump info

I have used 30W synthetic motor oil (auto parts store, Walmart, wherever - everybody has it) in Cat pumps for years. Never an issue.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
      X