X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Life Time Warranty is a joke

All, Let me tell you: "Life time warranty" promised by this company is a joke. I returned my batteries back to Ridgid certified retailer on 02/25/2012 and did not have anything back yet. Even more: Bergen County Motor Tool Co happily explained to me they have no idea where are my replacements. Please, consider this situation if you want to purchase any tools from this company. I'll be glad to provide tool repair request number and other details if required.

Re: Ridgid Life Time Warranty is a joke

Update: I have good news from Melony (Ridgid Customer Service): my replacements will be ready probably in next 2-3 weeks (may be not, ha-ha). Whew! Basically it makes my Day. I guess my next tools will be Dewalt!!!! Working America - this is the Best service Ridgid company can offer to you!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Igor T; 04-20-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Igor, your issue is not ridgid, its the piss poor service center. I can walk into my service center, and have a battery back in a week or even some times walk out with them same day. Heck, Home Depot now has replacements at the tool rental counters of most stores for exchange.

Comment

Alphacowboy,
        Thank you very much for idea about HomeDepot. But, I guess, it is little late in the game for my situation.
        Here is friendly note for Ridgid company: if you Certified Service Center and listed it on your web site - please monitor these children. Or revoke their Ridgid Certificate and do not let them misrepresent your company. Once again: this is “Certified Ridgid Service Center” named ‘Bergen County Motor & Tool Co. Inc.’ located in Fair Lawn, NJ formally listed on Ridgid web site and pretends servicing Ridgid tools.
        By the way: I have wonderful experience with STIHL Service Center in Roseland: answered all my questions (even dummy – because chain saw jobs are not my primary contracts), recommended solution, take care about bars and chains and etc. So, what is holding certified Ridgid Service center come up to this level of service?

Comment

I walked into my service center with a weak and defective 18 volt nicad battery, he offered me a loaner battery till my replacement came in. I did not need the loaner because I have 6 batteries. They had the replacement in the shop within a few days but I was late picking it up because of work and a weekend. I had no complaints about the service I had on my replacement battery
          Must be your service center,

Comment

Considering all the complaints regarding service centers, I think having them based in home depots is a better alternative. If I'm right, everyone purchased their Ridgid kits from home depot. The diagnosis and turnaround time should not be more than a few days, that's the way to build a happy customer base in my opinion.

I've wanted a Stihl chainsaw for a long time given their reputation, but after reading the warantee I changed my mind. I think it was something like 60 days and only 30 if you were a pro? MY neighbor bought a very small displacement Stihl chainsaw and it seized up on him after a brief period of time. The dealer refused to offer any help and he had no recourse. I know he did not abuse the chainsaw.
            I think if I was going to buy a newer chainsaw I'd go with Husqvarna.

Comment

If they ever do open up a service center in the stores, I just might kick the tile biz to a side business and apply as a repair tech at HD. I repaired computers for 6 years at best buy, so I have the experience in a similar environment. I personally think a service center, fixing all brands of tools right there in the store, warranty or not, would be a good money maker for them. I mean you have a lot of potential customers walking through the door everyday. They might be smart to partnering or buying a national repair company like best buy did with geek squad.

Comment

I took 4 batteries into Kennedy Equipment Co, the local Ridgid service center. The batteries were of 3 different Amp Hour (AH) capacities ranging from 1.25AH and 2.5AH. I got 4 new batteries back in a week. The service center returned 4 batteries of the lowest AH capacity. The service center said they just order the numbers on the batteries and this is what they got as replacements. I talked to 2 people in Ridgid Customer Service that were clueless as to what AH capacity was. I got to someone in Ridgid Technical Support that agreed I should have received the same AH capacity as long as they were still made. He wanted to transfer me back to Customer Service to resolve the issue and I asked that he transfer me to someone that knew about the capacity of the Ridgid batteries. The 3rd Customer Support person agreed with what Technical Support had to say but said that Kennedy must have ordered 4 of the same AH capacity battery and that I should go back to them. I am not sure what to do at this point and will likely live with the lower capacity batteries as I don’t really know who made the mistake. After replacement by the service center you have to call Ridgid to have them change the serial number in their database to maintain the LSA. I dropped off 4 more batteries when I picked up the new ones and after my talk with Ridgid I called the service center to ensure they order the correct ones.

Comment

It is most likely ridgid that screwed up on your order . The people at ridgid like to do the blame game and transfer you from one person to another . I am having this problem with them now. They want you to get confused and tired so you will just forget about it. well done give up . Your service provider did exactly what they we're suppose too. Ridgid has trained there employees to screw over us little people who buy there products to make a living with. When the tool breaks its home depots fault or the service providers. Ridgid does not care about the after the sale relationship that keeps a business, in business! Thank you tom from Detroit that wasted $300 on ridgid tools.

Comment

Originally posted by tom j. detroit View Post
                    It is most likely ridgid that screwed up on your order . The people at ridgid like to do the blame game and transfer you from one person to another . I am having this problem with them now. They want you to get confused and tired so you will just forget about it. well done give up . Your service provider did exactly what they we're suppose too. Ridgid has trained there employees to screw over us little people who buy there products to make a living with. When the tool breaks its home depots fault or the service providers. Ridgid does not care about the after the sale relationship that keeps a business, in business! Thank you tom from Detroit that wasted $300 on ridgid tools.
                    That's never been my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by tom j. detroit View Post
                      Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                      That's never been my experience.
                      Nor has it been my experience either.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Nor mine! Such opinions are ridiculous and baseless.

Why would any company, or any employee for that matter, waste even a thought in that direction. It does however, make me wonder about someone who expresses such views.

CWS

Comment

I purchased in December 2010 a Ridgid 5 piece combo battery tool set on line from Home Depot. The day I received it I went online and registered it with Ridgid for the life time warranty. The next day I mailed all of the required information to complete the registration. About 4/5 months ago I purchased a Ridgid drill set and did the same as I did before. This time after about 6 or 8 weeks I received an email stating that my latest registration has been accepted for Life Time Warranty. I then placed a call to Ridgid and ask them about my first registration and was told that they never received the paperwork in the mail and that I would have to send in a letter of consideration with a copy of my sales recipt. I just received a letter today say "Upon reviewing your situation, the products in question connot be given any additional services" "Note that RIDGID is not responsible for the accuracy of the federal postal service". I did exactly what Ridgid wanted buy using the US Postal Service, so either the postal service or someone at Ridgid lost it and I am the fall guy.

Comment

Working...
                          X