X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor on the ts 3650 Contractors saw

I was so happy with this saw for the first couple years. Really the perfect saw for the occasional woodworker.

Well about a month ago I started getting a faint whine from the motor. It's now a fingernails on chalkboard whine.
    I'm just so frustrated. Is 3 years of medium to light use all I should expect out of a motor? I looked up the replacement and of course it is $500-also ridiculous.

Re: Motor on the ts 3650 Contractors saw

You did register your saw into the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement didn't you? If so, just take the motor to an authorized service center for repair or replacement. If you didn't register it then check a local motor shop for a more affordable motor or possible Grizzly will have a motor that will fit the 3650. Also, if you purchased the saw less than 3 years ago you would still be covered under the original 3 Year Warranty so even if you didn't register into the LLSA you should be OK.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

my guess would be a bearing could try to lubricate the bearings,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Thanks, yes I registered the saw, but it only has a two year warranty. The bearings are sealed.

To me, I don't care how long the warranty is supposed to be. There is absolutely no reason why an electric motor should fail after such a short period of time.

Comment

On the end oppisite the pully is a cover over the cooling fan. Take the cover off and make sure the fan has not slipped and is dragging on the motor housing.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
          X