X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New sliding mitre saw on ridgid website

Looks like some cool new features

Re: New sliding mitre saw on ridgid website

Called it! I knew it when they blew the old model out at 399.

Comment

You mean the MS255SR? Looks sweet. Dying to know what the price point will be (and if/when they will show up at the local HomeDepot).

Comment

Originally posted by Sunsanvil View Post
        You mean the MS255SR? Looks sweet. Dying to know what the price point will be (and if/when they will show up at the local HomeDepot).
        Supposedly the local to me HD has one in stock. If it's the display model, I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in there. The price point is $399.00 which is not too bad if it isn't just a dressed up Ryobi.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Just buy a Festool Kapex and be done with buyer's remorse.

Comment

i saw one of the new 10" sliders @ a local HD yesterday. it's a nice looking saw with a lot of capacity. and no where near the weight and size of the old 12" slider.
            there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

I've seen them in our Home Depots also, and they definitely aren't a dressed up Ryobi slider. It seems solid and fluid.

But I do have to wonder about positioning the handle so that it bridges across the blade. It just seems to me that my right forearm might be in my way when making cuts. Maybe I'm way off base, and maybe I'm just accustomed to saws that have the handle offset to the right of the blade. I'd like to hear some feedback from members who have purchased this saw.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantaDan View Post
                But I do have to wonder about positioning the handle so that it bridges across the blade. It just seems to me that my right forearm might be in my way when making cuts.
                When making most cuts with a SCMS the blade is pushed thruogh the workpiece so I wouldn't think that that particular handle placement will cause any issues. Maybe it would if the user was pushing limp wristed but who does that?
                ================================================== ====
                ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
                X