Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigid Pressure Washer RD80746, where do I drain and fill the cat pump?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Pressure Washer RD80746, where do I drain and fill the cat pump?

I have a Rigid Pressure Washer RD80746, it has been a good one, it is time to change the oil and the cat pump oil. Being a first time pressure washer owner I want to make sure I am putting things in the right place. This pressure washer is equip with a Subaru engine. I am familar with where to drain the oil, and have done so, however I am perplexed as to why the engine features 2 deep sticks in a V pattern across from each other up near the cat pump, unless one is for the cat pump. I do not see anything marked as a drain plug on the cat pump. I have consulted the manual and it says the motor takes 20 oz of oil which seems like a bit much, but it may be true. I do not see anything on the amount of cat pump oil it requires and the filling and draining procedure. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.
    Name:  686ab947026d4426845d0ad84d94db15.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  162.4 KB

Re: Rigid Pressure Washer RD80746, where do I drain and fill the cat pump?

That's not a CAT pump. It's an AR axial cam pump, which is not serviceable to the average end user.

The engine has two oil fills because Robin/Subaru has no idea what the engines will be used on. In some applications, one of the two may be blocked from access. So they put both on there just in case.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Define average end user...

Comment

Originally posted by shadow745 View Post
        Define average end user...
        Someone who lacks the necessary skill and tools to properly accomplish the task. More times than not, I consider myself an average end user.
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Working...
        X