X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/4 sheet palm sander - won't grip paper

This sander is fantastic, but the front paper gripper has suddenly stopped gripping tightly enough to hold the paper in place. I don't see any obvious malfunction in the spring or the action; the paper just slips out almost instantly when the unit is turned on. No change in type of paper being used. Loading multiple sheets makes no difference.

Looking for quick fix.

Re: 1/4 sheet palm sander - won't grip paper

Buy some sticky back paper. My experience with that sander was not good, I took it back to Home Depot.

Comment

I have the very first model and it has proved to be a very good sander and I have yet to experience ANY problem with the retaining clips.

BUT, this thing has been redesigned and I've read several complaints about the inability of the new clip design to hold the paper properly. I'm not sure it this is just wear or just a lousey design. (I'm thinking it's the latter though.) Either way, I'm sort of old school in that I can never understand why in hell someone feels it necessary to change a design that is works and thus ends up with something that receives too many complaints.

My advice would be to call Ridgid Customer Support and ask for "Technical Support".... also, ask your local Home Depot about when the Ridgid rep will be in the store again, and I'd discuss it with him too. I think you should get this replaced and if you are within the 90-day "Satisfaction" period, I'd return the sander. IMO, this is a very stupid issue, that should not be coming up.

CWS

Comment

I have the same exact problem with my sander. Drives me crazy how I can't get it to hold onto the paper. I tried every brand I could find to no avail. I'm past the 90 day return policy, so I think Rigid is going to have to start sending me replacement parts. A shame on a product that is less than a year old.

Comment

I'm still puzzled by this issue. What is it that Ridgid (actually TTI) is doing wrong here, I wonder?

Has anyone with this problem actually called Ridgid Technical Support or contacted the local rep to get thier insight on this? It just seems worthless to have the problem, post your disatisfaction, etc. if in turn you don't contact the company in some way to get it resolved!!!!

All we can do here is agree that the problem exists and shouldn't. But again, I have the original Qtr Sheet with the spring-steel wire clamps and I have had no problems with the paper holding capabilities... so it appears to be only with the last couple of renditions of the design.

CWS

Comment

Working...
          X