new framing nailer & collated screw gun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new framing nailer & collated screw gun

Well Ridgid replaced the framing nailer and the corded collated screw gun. New framing nailer is 16% lighter at only 6lbs and features a side release on the nose to remove jambed nails. It's also slightly shorter and a good 1.5" narrower than the previous model. model number is R350CHE. Collated screw gun looks to be completely redesigned as well. Model # R6791. both have the hex grip over-molding as well.

Re: new framing nailer & collated screw gun

only thing I could find online regarding the New nailer... Ridgid R350CHE - Pneumatic Framing Nailers

Comment

ebay was the only place I could find anything on the screw gun.
      eBay mobile

Comment

I'm looking to buy a framing nailer later in the year, so this is interesting as I'd prefer to stick with Ridgid. But in reviewing the specs on the site that you referenced I see that this particular model "CHE" is for the "Clipped Head"... I wonder if they have also have a new "full-head" model coming.

CWS

Comment

it will shoot the pasload full head nails approved for clipped head nailers. I've been shooting these nails in my ridgid nailers for 6 years w/out issue. I don't think clipped head nails have been for sale here in almost 10 years, they are not legal in MN.

Comment

Thanks Alpha,

I believe that is the case here in NY also... at least, I should say, I'm of the understanding the most building codes deny their use.

So, why would Ridgid come out with a new clipped-head nailer, when their popularity is on the demise... or at least I would think so? (But WTH do I know about it? )

CWS

Comment

Working...
            X