Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing 18V drills and impact driver?

About two weeks ago I purchased a 18V drill and impact driver combo at Home Depot R96862SB for $199, which contains drill R86005 and impact R86030. I already have the drill R86007 before the purchase.

I found the impact driver pretty good, but wasn't too impressed with the drill R86005. It didn't seem as rugged as my R86007, it didn't have a light either.

Tonight, I went to Home Depot and they have a new set of drill/driver combo, at a lower price $179. The new combo is R9600 which has drill R86008 and impact R86034.

The drill seem to be a better drill then the one in the combo I bought. Now I am wondering if I should return mine and buy the new combo set.

Is there a way on Ridgid's site to compare different drills and impacts? I can't even pull up R86005 drill from Ridgid's website.

Anyone knows off hand how these two drill/impact combo compare?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Comparing 18V drills and impact driver?

Originally posted by miamicuse View Post
    About two weeks ago I purchased a 18V drill and impact driver combo at Home Depot R96862SB for $199, which contains drill R86005 and impact R86030. I already have the drill R86007 before the purchase.

I found the impact driver pretty good, but wasn't too impressed with the drill R86005. It didn't seem as rugged as my R86007, it didn't have a light either.

Tonight, I went to Home Depot and they have a new set of drill/driver combo, at a lower price $179. The new combo is R9600 which has drill R86008 and impact R86034.

The drill seem to be a better drill then the one in the combo I bought. Now I am wondering if I should return mine and buy the new combo set.

Is there a way on Ridgid's site to compare different drills and impacts? I can't even pull up R86005 drill from Ridgid's website.

Anyone knows off hand how these two drill/impact combo compare?

Thanks in advance.
    ill give you same statement i gave before you purchased the x3 stuff. "i like the new features on the x4 stuff" Get the new kit return old, just my opinion of course. The improved light, belt hook, one handed bit insert/extract, power improvements...

Comment

Working...
    X