X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lsa agreement

How do you know your tool is registered for life. I know it takes a while but it has been 4 months so far and nothing really changed on the website yet.

Re: lsa agreement

The line where it states your tool warranty is currently "3-years" changes to "LSA" or "Lifetime" if I recall correctly.

If it has been four months, I would give Ridgid customer service a call. That often helps dislodge your registration and in some cases, the service rep can fix it during your call.

Do NOT let this go for any great period of time, if they tell you to call back or give you some other reason for the delay. While I think we all realize that there are the occasional periods where they might be overwhelmed, this "not so timely" process has been known to fail an occasional buyer, which usually causes quite a bit of ill-feelings that get posted. After a long delay, it becomes "lost" and unfortunately such claims don't appear to be fixed easily.

So, please make the call, as the time is right and still within what has been reported by others.

CWS

Comment

I agree with CWS, you should call Ridgid and have them look into it. The instructions state that it should take 10-12 weeks to process your request and you're a good month past that now. I sent the paperwork in to registered a tool back on 3/12/12 and as of today it has not been upgraded to LLSA Status. If I don't hear anything from them by the end of next week I'll be on the phone asking why not. I also believe that you're supposed to get an email telling you that the status has been upgraded.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Well I called them today and the reason I got was they didn't get to that week yet. I was told to call back in a week and they should be to it then. I am not having a good feeling about this at all.

Comment

Paarker,

I wouldn't worry about this just yet... it could just be the actual situation, who knows. Just wait the week and call them back and, if you haven't already, get a "name". It's always good to know who you are talking to in case you have to reference back to them.

The point is that you've made the call, been given a "plausible" reason and even a time-frame. So, now you have something to go on for a follow-up call. Main thing here is that you don't loose your "cool" and that you approach this with patience; BUT, also you need to persevere so this doesn't just get lost.

I (and many other forum members) have gone through this process and I think we are mostly without loss. I've got close to two-dozen items registered into the system with no losses to report. I've only had to call once and that was after about five months and the registration was taken care of while I was on the phone. So, don't get frustrated quite yet.

I do think those charged with this task are well-meaning, and maybe a bit under-staffed as the turnaround has always been lengthy it seems. Can you imagine what an absolutely boring job that must be? I once did data-entry for an insurance company (similar type data)... it was all I could do to keep from falling asleep. After a couple of months of that, even working the back of a garbage truck would seem like a dream.

Best wishes,

CWS

C

Comment

I had previously sent in my LSA registration once for a tool and it got lost (or they said they never received it).

They then asked me to resend everything.

The only problem is, there is no way to resend the UPC cutout code because there is only one of those. I made a copy of the receipt but not the UPC code. They end up fixing it for me over the phone. They do seem to genuinely care.

Now, I always make a copy of the UPC code before I send it in. I don't know if a copy of the UPC code means anything but at least I have a copy of it.

Comment

i do the same thing, copy of everything including upc.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                I agree with CWS, you should call Ridgid and have them look into it. The instructions state that it should take 10-12 weeks to process your request and you're a good month past that now. I sent the paperwork in to registered a tool back on 3/12/12 and as of today it has not been upgraded to LLSA Status. If I don't hear anything from them by the end of next week I'll be on the phone asking why not. I also believe that you're supposed to get an email telling you that the status has been upgraded.
                Well, my account has yet to be updated to show that my latest tool purchase has been upgraded to LSA Status. I called RIDGID Customer Service to check on it and I now see what everyone in the past has been talking about. The Rep I talked to was absolutely no help whatsoever! He told me as soon as they could verify my purchase that my Dashboard (stupid name) would be updated, well.......DUH! I asked if that meant my paperwork was in house and being process and he said he had no way of knowing that.
                I then said that I had mailed in my paperwork on 3/12/12 and asked whether or not they were that far behind in processing requests? He said "Yeah" followed by no further information. Every other RIDGID tool that I have registered into the LLSA went very smoothly and much quicker than this one. Although I'm sure that this tool will eventually find its way into the LLSA Program I have to say that I sorta get it now when others have complained about RIDGID Customer Service. You can call them and talked to them but getting any kind of useful answer may well not be in the cards. I was not impressed!
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Sort of makes you wonder whether they receive any training or are even monitored, doesn't it? For the most part, I have been very happy with Ridgid Customer (and Technical Support), there have been occasions when I wonder how that occasional "numb" managed to get that job, much less keep it.

You hear so much about "unemployment", but then it seems like there are too many employed at things they not only don't know about, but seemed to be rather bored about too.

CWS

Comment

Well a big thank you goes out to everyone that gave me some great advice I have fianlly been upgraded to limetime.

Comment

You hear so much about "unemployment", but then it seems like there are too many employed at things they not only don't know about, but seemed to be rather bored about too.

you talking bout home depot employees again! Kidding guys!

Comment

Working...
                      X