X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is this compatible with the 3650?

Have been eyeing a slider for a while, and thought this might fit the bill. If I slide the rails to the right, will this fit on the TS3650?

I read the manual, but it doesn't mention anything about tablesaws that have guide rails. I guess they assume the purchaser has a besi style fence.

Anyways, what do you think?

Buy Craftex CX-Series Sliding Table Attachment for CX200 - CX200S from Busy Bee Tools

Re: is this compatible with the 3650?

It says it fits "... just about any table saw with a 27” deep table."

Looks similar to one that Jessem made for a while, maybe they still do.

I read the three reviews and it sounds like all those reviews are talking about cabinet saws,
    so I wonder if it will work on a contractor saw.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      It says it fits "... just about any table saw with a 27” deep table."

Looks similar to one that Jessem made for a while, maybe they still do.
      I called JessEm a few weeks back, as I could not find the MasterSlide on their website. They told me it is out of production now, and there are no plans to resume making it.

Comment

I thought I had heard they were stopping production. How long has it been out? Maybe you could search around and find one, or maybe whoever made the MasterSlide is now making them for BusyBee.

Anyway, I had often thought of buying or building my own for my 3650. Not a problem now as I sold the 3650 to a friend a year ago.
        I was looking into using some extra long HD ball bearing drawer slides or linear bearings (searching eBay) and making something. I wanted to detach the left hand table extension and turn that into a sliding table. On a contractor saw its tough to mount something like that though. But my brain used to crunch the solution it seems from time to time I would find myself thinking about how to figure out this or that particular little problem or how something I saw in day to day travels might be useful in making the mechanism work. Some times even though I no longer have the saw I think about how I would have worked it out, or maybe adapt the idea to my Unisaw.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

If the slider clears the fence rail, it should work. You may need to slide the rails over to the right more, which may mean that you'll need support legs. (then you could add a router table or extension table in that big gap between the rails).

Just found this....apparrantly it's been done:

Comment

Working...
          X