X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Washer RD80704 leak and subsequent pressure loss

Hello all! I purchased a 3000psi RD80704 power washer last year in 2011. Stored over winter and brought it out to wash the house and the unit has developed a leak at the collar/hose quick disconnect which is causing a pressure loss at the wand end. If I disconnect the hose at the collar, the collar does not close off the water flow and water continues to shoot out in a tight stream - even if the engine is off but hose pressure on. So it seems like a collar problem to me. I plan to replace the collar with a new one (seems odd it should fail so soon but the part is relatively cheap) but I was wondering if there is any kind of o-ring or seal between the collar and the hose inlet coupler that I need to purchase also. I do not see one on the current collar or hose end unit but that doesn't mean that it wasn't lost over the winter. There are a number of o-rings and seals on the parts list but I can't find a blow-up diagram to decide if one is needed or not. Thanks

Collar

Re: Power Washer RD80704 leak and subsequent pressure loss

If it's leaking, the oring inside the coupler is probably cracked or missing. The coupler DOES NOT "close off the water flow". it's not of the "close when disconnected" type like you find on air lines.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thanks for the response Doctordeere - after checking, indeed the o-ring is missing from the coupler. Is there a part number/size for just the o-ring? It seems a waste to purchase a whole coupler.

Comment

Ridgid/TTI does not offer the oring as an individual part. I have a bin full of them but have no sizing information for them (they came out of bad couplers). A Google search may help you out but I'm not where I can do that at this time.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
        X