X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Tool Combo Kit Warranty Question:

purchased a couple combo kits now and in the process of awaiting lsa approval for both.
    Question i have is if any of the items in these kits have a warranty related issue would i just have to send the tool with the problem into ridgid service center or would i end up having to send the whole combo kit with everything with it?

Re: Power Tool Combo Kit Warranty Question:

If the issue is a battery issue then you have to send/take the whole kit into the Service Center. For other issues it would seem logical that you would only have to send/take the problem tool. A quick call to your closest Authorized Service Center would get you a more definite answer.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

My experience has been that you have to bring the particular tool in, but as BadgerDave mentioned, if it's a "battery issue" you will most likely be required to bring/send the questionable battery, the charger, and the tool... just so they can check out exactly where the problem is and what may have caused it.

Regarding the LSA, just make sure you follow-up after three or four months from your mailing, to make sure nothing has been lost in processing.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        A quick call to your closest Authorized Service Center would get you a more definite answer.
        ive tried calling ridgids 1-800 number about this question, however in the 4 phone calls ive made to them ive sat on elevator music/hold for 16-18 minutes each time befor getting hung up on. either the service center has new trainees that dont know how to connect to the call or worst off the call system is disconnecting/hanging up.

after an hour plus of waiting on the line to find out my answer i figured i would explore other avenues. i dont mean to be a negative nancy here but i sure hope that this isnt any indication of what i can expect in the future.......

thanks guys/gals for the input.

Comment

Your nearest Authorized Service Center is not the Ridgid 1-800 number, they are a local private stand alone company. Each service center may or may not have their own rules and requirements for servicing warranty and LSA work. Go to this page and click on "Support" at the top of the page. From there you will be able to find a listing of Service Centers in your area.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

thanks dave, will do

Comment

Originally posted by Toolman9 View Post
              ive tried calling ridgids 1-800 number about this question, however in the 4 phone calls ive made to them ive sat on elevator music/hold for 16-18 minutes each time befor getting hung up on. either the service center has new trainees that dont know how to connect to the call or worst off the call system is disconnecting/hanging up.

after an hour plus of waiting on the line to find out my answer i figured i would explore other avenues. i dont mean to be a negative nancy here but i sure hope that this isnt any indication of what i can expect in the future.......

thanks guys/gals for the input.
              I have been running into the same problem also.

Comment

badger daves suggestion worked for me to get my question answered, my service center told me that i would have to bring the whole kit into them as they would need the serial number from each tool in the kit before sending just the tool with the problem back to vendor. keep in mind that was the answer i got from my service center and that this doesnt mean it would be the same every where.

as dave suggested it would be a good idea to call your local service provider and good luck

Comment

I find your "success" or lack there of, a bit disconcerting. While I personally have not had this kind of experience, I have not had a reason to contact them lately.

But as an owner and fan of many Ridgid products, it does make me sit up and listen when I see that no one seems to be answering the phone and/or you have to wait an exceptionally long time to even get through.

So, IS THERE ANY Ridgid people here on the forum who can look into this? Seems to me, such reports need to be looked at and the problem fixed and the fact that at least someone from Ridgid or TTI is at least recognizing the concerns that we customers might have.

CWS

Comment

Working...
                  X