X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid Framing Nailers

Have two framing nailers, both are now unserviceable due to the nail heads getting jammed between the ram and ram sleeve. Anyone know if Rigid did a recall to fix this problem? In both instances I was using pazlode 2 1/2 nails.

Next is has anyone disaasemble these for the same reason and how difficult is it.

Re: Rigid Framing Nailers

I don't have this particular product. But, it is covered by the 3-year warranty and hopefully you've registered it into the LLSA, in which case it is covered practically forever.

I haven't read any other posts regarding this problem or really for any similar problems with other nailers (I have the brad and the finish nailers). Hopefully, someone with experience with this particular product will give you thier advice.

Good luck,

CWS

Comment

Neither has seen extensive use, the first went through one garage and a deck, the second didn't have a full clip of nails through. In either case they are both registered and over three years old. A little discouraging, hoping they honor their lifetime warranty on these products.

Comment

Are you certain you're using the proper nails (clipped/full head, paper tape/wire weld/plastic collated, correct nail angle)? We have several different framing nailers on our jobs and one of our guys seems to think that ANY of the nails will work in ANY of the guns. Needless to say, they don't.
        You only live once, so play with your tool often.

Comment

have you had a lot of nails jamb and now its junk or one nail jamb and its stuck and you cant get it out? I have 3 of these nailers, and on occassion I'll get a bent nail stuck. I've always gotten the driver free with a nail punch and a hammer. Place the nail punch in the center of the driver and give it a smack. Driver drops in and the nail head is then loose. Personally I hate using the cheaper thin nails. I like the .131 nails, they dont seem to ever bend. Ring shanks seem to usually be the issue with my CH350A nailer, the CH350D doesnt seem to have the issue. The new CH350E has a two piece nose that opens to remove nail jams. Its not just Ridgid nailers, my dads pasload does it from time to time as well. Its the nature of the beast really. I use the round drive pasload nails approved for clipped head nailers.

Comment

I have the Ridgid framer, as well as a Campbell-Hausfeld version, and used the Ridgid to install about 400 feet of extra timber bracing in my attic and then used it to drive maybe 1500 nails into existing siding on my house to make the walls a bit stiffer. (We live in a hurricane-prone zone.) I then used it to install additional siding over the old siding and a layer of insulation foam out at my workshop. During that time I drove either 3-inch or 3.5-inch, galvanized, full-head serrated deck nails purchased in bulk from Harbor Freight (for extra holding power and rust resistance) and had the unit jam maybe once. (The nail itself was probably defective.) It can be assumed that if nails with somewhat smaller nail heads than usual are used in the unit jams would be possible. However, my framer worked like a charm. I once used the Hausfeld unit for putting a new ceiling in my garage (shiny, white masonite over existing drywall to make it easier to clean) and it jammed several times and was more tedious to use than the Ridgid. Well, it cost a lot less, and I used it because I was afraid I might drop the framer on the concrete floor. But even with the Hausfeld the jams were few and far between, because the nail heads were reasonably large.

In any case, I think the Ridgid framer is a very nice tool.

Howard Ferstler

Comment

Used pazlode nail and the correct ones, the head of the nail is whaty is stuck, i will bring them to work and try the idea of using a drift punch on the driver. Thanks guys for the suggestions. Will post my success or defeats, lol.

Comment

Used a drift punch to drive the hammer down, this cleared the obstructed nail head. Thanks or the help guys, kudos.

Comment

Working...
                X