Pressure washer wont re-start

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pressure washer wont re-start

i have a RD80702 3300psi, it has a Subaru EX21FI (it is an EFI engine) and a Cat 3GXT30 pump. The washer works GREAT!!! It will always start on the third pull without fail, the problem is after i use it for a few hours and shut it off it will not RE-START!! i can pull the cord a hundred times and it will not turn over. Is there a fix to this problem? Please help!!

Re: Pressure washer wont re-start

Originally posted by cowboy111282 View Post
    Is there a fix to this problem?
    My first guess would be a failed temp sensor in the EFI's wiring harness. When the sensor fails, the injector's brain always thinks the engine's cold, thus metering the fuel to air ratio for a cold engine. When the engine's good 'n hot, this can cause flooding and failure to restart.

You may also have an ignition coil going thermal.

You may also have a bad EFI throttle body (the EFI brain resides in there).

You may also have a bad power coil, but it's a rarity for one to go thermal in the manner you describe.

Or you may have a bad wiring connection in the harness that manifests itself only when it gets hot and the terminals expand.
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Thank you Dr. So would you suggest that i take it in to have it worked on, and if so is where can i take it that would honor the warranty on it?

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I suggest... EFI troubleshooting is a bit beyond the typical pressure washer owner. And if it's still within the warranty period, you don't want to attempt self-repair and risk voiding your warranty.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Working...
        X