X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid LSA is it a joke?

I bought a hammer drill combo from Home Depot in December 2011. The day I brought it home i registered it online & sent in receipt UPC... everything they asked for. Now 6 months later they say I did not get everything within 90 days but cant tell me what it was. The LSA is the main reason I bought this drill! any help on who to call what i should do.
    Providing quality craftsmanship and professional services for over 20 years.

Re: Ridgid LSA is it a joke?

Originally posted by creative1 View Post
    I bought a hammer drill combo from Home Depot in December 2011. The day I brought it home i registered it online & sent in receipt UPC... everything they asked for. Now 6 months later they say I did not get everything within 90 days but cant tell me what it was. The LSA is the main reason I bought this drill! any help on who to call what i should do.
    i always make a copy of recpt and upc together

Comment

Try calling cs service again and talking to a different Rep about it. Also I found when calling being nice and not getting upset works a whole lot better and may actually get done right there.

Comment

Tomorrow will be the 90th day since I purchased and also online registered my latest Ridgid tool purchase. It will also be the 90th day since I completed Step #2 and mailed in all the necessary paperwork to have it registered into the LLSA Program. I realize that it's too late for you to do this but I am seriously considering taking my purchase back to Home Depot and getting my money back. Once I have my money back in hand I'll just purchase another NIB identical tool and start the process all over again. I will then repeat this every 90 days until Ridgid finally gets their act together and takes less than 90 days to register a tool into the LLSA. I'm sure if everyone did this Home Depot would very quickly demand that Ridgid/TTI hire a few more people to work in whatever Dept. it is that takes care of LLSA registrations.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'd give Ridgid Customer Service another call. Calmly explain your situation, remembering the fact that these people will be a lot more receptive if you approach them repectfully. (And yes, I know that can be a challenge... especially if you are upset and have already had your claim refused.)

Don't take no for an answer though and simply explain that you did meet all the criterea that they asked. You don't feel that it's your fault at all and that surely there must be some remedy to get this resolved to your satisfaction.

Personally, I have not had any problem with any of my registrations other than one which seemed a bit late and was immediately taken care of with a courteous phone call. BUT, I must say that it bothers me whenever I hear of a problem with this LLSA registration process, from a customer who does what they are supposed too. It bothers me that so many registrations take much too long and that far too many just get lost.

While I think the process is easy enough, there appears to be a major disconnect on TTI's end of things; and, it's a problem that has existed since the very first days these tools were introduced back in 2003.

While I think Badger Dave's suggestion is a bit of a drastic step, I must admit that it does have its merits. What are we supposed to do to get Ridgid/TTI to address this ongoing issue. I think Ridgid/TTI needs to address this immediately and when things get lost, then it needs to NOT tell thier customers negatively, but simply offer that they send or fax a copy of the receipt and the serial number/model number of the information so that registration can be give at that late date. Furthermore, if Ridgid/TTI is insistant that "90-days" must be adhered to by the customer, then there should be a 30-day period in which Ridgid/TTI needs to confirm receipt and if that isn't provided then the registration should be extended.

As it stands now, confirmation is something like four or five months or more and it simply shouldn't be up to the customer to have to "bug" Ridgid Customer Support about the status.

Good luck,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
            While I think Badger Dave's suggestion is a bit of a drastic step,.............
            "Drastic Times Call For Drastic Measures."

Comment

I have no clue why the dashboard registration and the mail in registration do not coincide?
              Today most companies have user friendly on-line product registration etc.

I have learned that you MUST photocopy all your documentation!!!!
              I send all the documentation plus a print copy of my dashboard registration
              including my dashboard customer ID number.

I also send it registered mail with return signature of receipt required.
              This documents when they received your documents and sometimes you can even
              decipher the signature.

With all that said after a reasonable period of time say 3-4 months you should
              see your registration completed. Keep in mind some stuff will never qualify
              for the LSA program! but you you do get three years of warranty!

After all that if you still have a challenge call customer service. Rude and overreacting behavior
              towards the customer service person is worthless....they deal with rude people all the time and are
              callus to it and will treat you poorly.

Calmly and courteously explain your reason for the call. Have all the information ready and give it
              to the person....This can take 10-45 minutes ....Sometimes it will even take customer service
              a while to gain access to your dashboard account!

the end result is the customer service person can access your dashboard and make the appropriate
              additions and/or corrections.

I purchased my first battery powered Ridgid tool around 2005. It really amazes me that 7 years later
              folks are still having so much difficulty in registering their tools! The process has not changed at all!
              You'd think by now Ridgid would realize their registration system needs some serious work!

Cactus Man

Comment

I had a very rewarding conversation this morning with a very helpful woman named Mel at Ridgid Customer Service. As I had decided not to open up a bigger can of worms by returning and rebuying my latest Ridgid purchase, I called to inquire what my next step should be as the 90 day registration period for enrolling into the LLSA Program had passed. My Dashboard(stupid name) also indicated that the registration period had expired and the tool still lacked LLSA coverage. Mel listened patiently to my story of how I had mailed all the required info into Ridgid the same day I purchased the tool and also did the online registration portion. Mel explained that the registrations into the LLSA were running behind schedule, an all to familiar reason to those of us who have been following the LLSA saga, and that they were currently working on those registrations they received in February.

Here is where the good part starts. Mel said that if I could fax or email a copy of the receipt from HD and my Dashboard Customer ID Number she would see to it that my tool was given LLSA status in my Dashboard(stupid name). That's what I did around 11:00 AM CDT. True to her word, when I checked at around 5:30 PM this evening my tool has been upgraded to LLSA status.

Thanks Mel for the excellent service but more so for just being a very nice person to talk too.
                Last edited by BadgerDave; 06-13-2012, 07:56 PM. Reason: Correct Spelling Errors

Comment

Thanks for all of the reply's, at least its not just me. I will try calling again first thing and see if I can get some results like BadgerDave. I also bought a trim gun that my dashboard(very stupid name i agree!) says is now also expired.
                  Thanks again for the input, I'll keep you updated.

Comment

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I noticed that my last purchase of the time had then gone some four-plus months; AND, that there was some mixups in my "Dashboard" (agree...it's a stupid name) where things had once been right but now were screwed up.

So, I called and talked to a nice lady who was extremely helpful. She said she could print out my entire list of tools (including Ryobi) and would send them to me and that she would keep a copy and on my next phone call, we could update the list together with any corrections. A few days later I received the list and after comparing with my records I marked it up and called her... everything was fixed with that phone call.

I am really of the impression that though the situation may be lousey at times, there are great people there (TTI Group, NA) who will do thier best to fix things. Courtesy is the key I think.

CWS

Comment

Great news after talking to 3 different reps I got a hold of one that found the problem on their side and instantly changed my status to lifetime!!!!!! on all of my registered tools. So Ridgid is back on my #1 tool list.
                      Thanks for all of the posts & support.

Comment

Working...
                      X